Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   favourite store to buy cloth diapers (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=226208)

CapeTownMommy 06-11-2008 06:45 AM

Re: favourite store to buy cloth diapers

I had a great experience with Abbyslane. I ordered BG to be delivered to my FIL's hotel when he went to the US - I ordered about 2 weeks before I needed them delivered, and Stephanie from Abbyslane arranged for delivery at the right time even though they were closed for the week when FIL was there. They delivered exactly on the day I asked them to with absolutely no problems.

They also have a referral program where you get a discount on your next order if you refer someone who buys something, and if you join the yahoo group you get a code to get 5% off your total order.

MamaPepper 09-15-2008 05:58 PM

www.wildflowerdiapers.com

The woman that runs this store is local to me and will go around and do free diaper demonstrations. She also goes above and beyond to support local WAHMs. I don't know what other stores prices are, but I will always support her because she is so awesome!!!

Niphredil 09-15-2008 06:02 PM

Well, it's not my fave to *buy*... cause she's my sis and I get a hefty (erm, free :shifty) discount, but... http://hyenacart.com/onestore.php?vid=752&category=41

She's doing her first stocking on Sunday, you should check it out. But, uh, just don't tell her where you know me from. GCM is my safe haven! ;)

wjwalters 09-26-2008 07:32 AM

I :heart katnappies.etsy.com

She is really nice and has made me a lot of custom diapers.

shehaights 02-26-2009 01:18 PM

Of course, I have to mention my own store, we just opened this month: cloth diapers, babycarriers, oils, and more natural living items
http://www.happybabybottoms.com/ 10% off your $40 or more in purchases and free shipping for $100 or more.

cotton babies offers great prices, but as a store owner, it's kinda hard to compete and frustrating. Manufacturers have "suggested" and enforced retail prices. Cotton Babies really enforces their retail prices on BG, but can offer other brands so much cheaper. Not sure how that works out.

I also love punkin-butt, I carry some of their oils and products, I think they're awesome Mommy's and love doing business with them! :heart

2sunshines 02-26-2009 01:22 PM

How exciting that you opened your own store. :rockon I'll definitely check it out. :tu

crunchyusmcluv 03-20-2009 10:04 AM

I bought alot from WAHM locally. But if i had to buy online it was motherease and greenmountain diapers. Sorry didnt post the links but they have been previously mentioned.

passthemanna 06-12-2009 03:12 PM

i like Baby Earth. They have a website- babyearth.com. I think I mainly just like them because they are 20 minutes away from my house, they have a pretty decent selection, and I can actually see & touch the diapers and talk to the salesperson about them. Also I once got a free pair of super cute baby legwarmers from them with the purchase of a diaper and that was nice.
:)

ok my new fav is www.tinybirdsorganics.com a local store & she offers free shipping! lots of organic diapers to choose from!

sarainseattle 10-20-2009 09:37 AM

I hate to toot my own horn... but I will :) I just opened this month! I'm really hoping to get to meet a lot of local Seattle moms through diaper showers, but I ship all over the US (and internationally if you call to order and I can arrange shipping with you).

www.motheringgrace.com
and 10% off your entire order with code: GCMOM10

My prices are very competitive, too, and free shipping over $100 (flat rate $7 on other orders). So far we carry PlanetWise, FuzziBunz, SoftBumz, AppleCheeks, Thirsties, Little Lions prefolds, Snappis, and my friend's (Modest Milk) nursing covers and supplies. California Baby skincare is on the way, too!

Emma 04-08-2010 01:46 AM

Hi - I'm in Australia so this may not be relevant to all however...

I really like my baby beehinds bamboo nappies - very absorbant, I can leave them overnight without changing my LO's nappy. Used with a motherease cover they contain her very liquid and voluminous poos - when I have used other nappies and disposables I have had some leakage problems!

I also like itti bitti d'lish - a bit more compact so I use them when we go out. Really cute colours.

november 04-09-2010 11:42 PM

Mom's Milk Boutique is AWESOME! I love her store. She is super sweet and very accommodating. And you can't beat FREE shipping. And she's fast, too.

I've also ordered from Jillian's, Cotton Babies, ClothDiaperOutlet, Kelly's Closet and all of them were wonderful as well.

March 04-10-2010 12:51 PM

I second Mom's Milk Boutique. Good customer service--they've "messed up" my order and it was very easily taken care of.

My usual go-to store is www.nurturedfamily.com, though. They're the closest to local for me as they're in Houston; I'm dying to go visit the brick and mortar store.

solatido 04-22-2010 06:09 AM

I found a store that is a brick and mortar store relatively near family. Can't wait to go see them (oh, and visit family too :giggle)!!! They have free shipping online and are having a sale today (15% off for Earth Day):

http://www.happybabycompany.com/

Their customer service is excellent! They also carry baby carriers, toys, and organic clothing.

Cookie Momster 04-26-2010 02:16 PM

I've never had a bad experience with a cloth diaper store yet. I've ordered from:

Abby's Lane
Cotton Babies
Diaper Junction
Mom's Milk Boutique
Happy Baby Company
Sew Crafty Baby
Nicki's Diapers

I have received exceptional service from Cotton Babies and Happy Baby Company. With Cotton Babies I ruined the diapers and they replaced all 18 of them for free. With Happy Baby Company they actually messed up my order and sent me a BG OS instead of a BG AIO. They sent me a postage paid envelope for the "wrong" diaper along with my "right" diaper so all I had to do was put the diaper in my mail box. As a "sorry" they sent me some free wipe concentrate and a couple cloth wipes.

Redeemed 08-14-2010 09:30 AM

On line: Baby Cotton Bottoms and Nicki's Diapers
Storefront local to me: Green Bambino