Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=139925)

Dana Joy 03-05-2006 08:23 PM

Re: EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

we had a seat adapter from big brother- you know the thing that goes on the big people toilet to make it smaller. what he likes about the baby bjorn is that it can be out in the family room next to his toys so we don't have to run off into the bathroom. i don't think that it is really any different then any other potty- just simple small and able to be moved from room to room.

olivegod2 03-06-2006 01:43 PM

I see. We are thinking About getting one of the toilet seat adapters for dd so she can get used to going potty on the big toilet. Like yesterday, we were at a friends house and she signed a few times that evening that she had to go potty so I put her on the toilet seat-and also I would ask her if she has to go potty. at home, we use a potty chair. Now while we are in public, I wait till she signs (which I know I should probably ask more) then I take her to the bathroom. But I hold her up over the toilet seat facing it. It is much more challenging to do. It is a hit or miss with that.

mamamachanteuse 03-11-2006 07:27 PM

I'm so glad this is a topic all to itself now. We started EC early on but I didn't do it regularly. We just started in earnest about a week ago and she is now signing potty several times a day. We caught 3 pps and 1poo poo today! Yea! She also liked to just go sit and have me read to her or let her throw tissue in the potty. She likes to tear it into little pieces and throw each one in. :D I'm trying to make a point of reading to/playing with her other than when she's on the potty too so she doesn't think she has to go potty just to get my undivided attention. Oh yeah she's 12 mo old.

Ellyane 03-22-2006 08:38 PM

wow, there are people who EC here too?!?
We've been trying with my son since he was 6 months. Just recently we also started using cloth diapers part time. I think now he gets upset when he's wet (and in cloth) but I never think of that reason for his fussiness until after the fact. I really need to get more clued in to him!

Amythestmama 04-03-2006 12:50 PM

I am trying to start EC with dd 10 1/2 months. She likes to sit on her potty while she's wearing her diaper but not without it. She'll sit on the big toilet with me holding her but she won't go. Then when I take her off and lay her down to put the diaper back on, she goes. :td What do I do now? I suppose holding her longer on the pot, but she doesn't seem to get it yet. She loves to flush :laughtears and pulls on the handle saying fwwsh :lol

Gentle Journey 06-29-2006 08:01 AM

For those who sign, what sign do you use?

olivegod2 06-29-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 22sara22
For those who sign, what sign do you use?

The one for toilet.

Ellyane 06-29-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megansmama
I am trying to start EC with dd 10 1/2 months. She likes to sit on her potty while she's wearing her diaper but not without it. She'll sit on the big toilet with me holding her but she won't go. Then when I take her off and lay her down to put the diaper back on, she goes. :td What do I do now? I suppose holding her longer on the pot, but she doesn't seem to get it yet. She loves to flush :laughtears and pulls on the handle saying fwwsh :lol

Have you tried getting her to pee in her diaper while sitting on the toilet? Sometimes that's a good transitional step.

Living My Dream 07-11-2006 12:55 PM

As I am from UK the sign maybe different. I use the toilet sign which i was taught to put my indew finger right hand to the palm of left hand.

I recommend megansmama, laying a nappy in the bottom of the potty. That's what i read somewhere.

olivegod2 07-11-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lu
As I am from UK the sign maybe different. I use the toilet sign which i was taught to put my indew finger right hand to the palm of left hand.

Oh wow! I didn't even think the sign would be different.

Living My Dream 07-12-2006 01:43 PM

i never knew until i started teaching sign and realised that milk was completely different!

olivegod2 07-14-2006 12:38 PM

I found this short little blurb on yahoo interesting about sign language world wide:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040323.html

I guess that would make sense! So how long have you been teaching sign language?

Living My Dream 07-15-2006 02:40 PM

ooo gosh! Im not that talented. i have been teaching bits to my son since birth but realised i was teaching ASL not BSL lol

Maggie 07-30-2006 09:09 AM

Well, Luke is 12.5 months and I don't have a little potty, but I'm considering getting one and trying this out...maybe using a sign? Never really thought about ECing part-time until I read Kym's recent post. I wonder how this'll work! :grin

JavaMama 03-28-2007 07:43 PM

Glad to see this thread here because I'm finally figuring out this EC thing, with my third babe being 10mo. :lol She's waking up dry and peeing in the potty first thing in the morning (she squirms and crawls all over me, that's her signal LOL). I also got her to pee in the potty two other times today so we only used three diapers. :jawdrop I'm wondering if it will last though as she's madly crawling, cruising and wanting to walk really badly. And wanting to talk.

I'm waiting for the Joseph Garcia book to come in at the library, is there a website with baby signs?