Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Annoying that size 32 bras are so hard to find (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=527617)

kiloyd 09-22-2019 03:01 PM

Annoying that size 32 bras are so hard to find

Belk is having a sale. I found a Playtex non-underwire bra for $16. The Wacoal bras are always $50 and up! The one that fits me well. ggrrrr

SewingGreenMama 09-22-2019 03:24 PM

Re: Annoying that size 32 bras are so hard to find

Before kids I was a 34A, sometimes I could make a 34B work in smaller brands but not often. I never found a bra that fit right until after I had kids and ended up with a small C cup/large b cup depending on the brand still not the easiest . I just use knit bralette now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

kiloyd 09-22-2019 03:49 PM

I am a 32C now. When still nursing a few years ago I was got measured as a 32DD!

I was wearing 34 because that's the smallest band size at Walmart and Target, but then it gets stretched out too quick because I start it on the tightest hooks.

I need a new bra! but really don't want to pay $50

knitlove 09-22-2019 03:56 PM

Rebecca Page patterns just came out with a bra pattern. I haven't made it yet, but it gets amazing reviews.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heartofjoy 09-22-2019 04:59 PM

:hugheart It stinks. I am a 32G so no finding $16 bras anywhere on the planet for me.

If I could sew, I would do it!

esperanza 09-22-2019 05:16 PM

Same as heartofjoy but 32ff. I would be thrilled with a $50 bra. I was just looking at third love. They have your band size. Of course any in my size are over $65. No cheaper than my local lingerie store. Stinks when you can't get a good sale price off the rack at a department store! Though I guess for as long as I wear them, I get my money's worth! Ha!

kiloyd 09-22-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esperanza (Post 6192491)
Same as heartofjoy but 32ff. I would be thrilled with a $50 bra. I was just looking at third love. They have your band size. Of course any in my size are over $65. No cheaper than my local lingerie store. Stinks when you can't get a good sale price off the rack at a department store! Though I guess for as long as I wear them, I get my money's worth! Ha!

This is true, my good few I had did last 2-3 years.

kiloyd 09-26-2019 07:12 PM

Found a Bali one on Amazon for $25!

esperanza 09-27-2019 04:16 AM

Yay! I have had some success finding NWT bras on eBay for cheaper if you know the style and size you want.

kiloyd 09-27-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esperanza (Post 6192882)
Yay! I have had some success finding NWT bras on eBay for cheaper if you know the style and size you want.

Haven't tried Ebay!

mamacat 09-27-2019 09:42 AM

I found an inxpensive Hanes bra that fits me better than any bra I have ever had! I am an A also https://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/han...tegoryId=21095 usually I try to find cottony kinds which this is not.

Lady TS 01-01-2020 08:07 AM

Hello everyone!
I have been away from GCM for a few years because kids got older and life/work happens. My oldest graduates in May, and all 3 of mine are in high school this year!!!

In my current search for an actual bra that fits, I remembered you ladies! I mean, this isn't something one wants to put on FB. LOL

I'm a 32 band, G or H cup in US sizing. That is, if I measure my band size as the exact measurement of my rib cage and the cup size by how many inches I measure at the widest part of the bust.

Which brings me to this: So many places have you measure your band size, add 4-5 inches, then figure cup size from there. OR, measuring from your back bra band level to above the breasts in front (lookin' at you, VS). :scratch

If you go that route in order to be able to purchase a bra from a department store, have you been happy with it? I'd think it'd be way too loose around the band...

Because a 36D would sure be easier to find than a 32H.....

milkmommy 01-01-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6192489)
:hugheart It stinks. I am a 32G so no finding $16 bras anywhere on the planet for me.

If I could sew, I would do it!

This 32j here if I spend less than $80 I consider it a steal. A few years ago I found some nice ones on breakaway bras like $27 each i bought like 5 and I still love them but I know they aren't going to last forever and that makes me sad.

JoannaV 01-01-2020 11:53 AM

I am liking the Felina Paramour Gorgeous bras. I pay $20 or $25, not more.

Tanya, I haven't bought any bras like that in a long time, but back in the day when all I had was what the store had and I didn't know any better...there were one or two that were ok.

Sparrow 01-01-2020 12:02 PM

32 B as well

The only time a bra fits ok with no gaps is 2-3 days during ovulation