Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   D. R. P. T. ! (dietary revamp processing thread ;) ) (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=447759)

crunchymum 04-30-2012 05:43 PM

D. R. P. T. ! (dietary revamp processing thread ;) )

Spun off of the discussion of the difference between paleo and primal, I thought it would be nice to have a thread to process lots of different "diets" (as in, way of eating, not weight loss diet), be it paleo, primal, traditonal foods, GAPS, whatever. :mrgreen I find it so helpful to process through stuff and get feedback and wisdom from others who are also moving towards a healthier way of eating/feeding their families. :heart

3boysforme 04-30-2012 05:51 PM

Re: D. R. P. T. ! (dietary revamp processing thread ;) )

:popcorn

oh wait, not :popcorn.

:cup <---- I can still have that. :)

crunchymum 04-30-2012 05:52 PM

:haha

jujubnme 04-30-2012 05:52 PM

:cup We're getting stricter tomorrow about sweeteners, dairy and cheats, so... looking forward to some fellow journeyers. :shifty I'm expecting some initial craving and hunger. I haven't really had time to do a lot of meal planning in advance so hopefully I can just jump right in. We already do a mostly primal diet, so it won't be a complete revamp.

crunchymum 04-30-2012 06:00 PM

Tonight we made our first eat like a dinosaur meal... OH my yum!!! :yum we did rat on a stick, only we didn't have sticks, so they ended up just being little sliders. :giggle here's a pic!

I dipped mine in red curry sauce. Hoo yummy. The kids devoured everything. :giggle honestly, if there was twice as much food, they would have eaten twice as much. Which is why I'm giving up on the idea of lunch being leftovers. :lo

Then we had greens with bacon, and a brocolli slaw with dressing. l

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Oh, and here's the link to the other thread, there's so much good info there!

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=445631

3boysforme 04-30-2012 06:03 PM

That looks good!

I saw your Turkish Chopped Salad on Pinterest. I need to pin it so I remember to make it.

The hardest part is my kids. And being on the go a lot. My kids spent so much time eating heavily processed food (and really still do with daycare and school). I am in the process of sloooooowly weaning them off.

The hardest thing for me is breakfast.

jujubnme 04-30-2012 06:04 PM

I might have mentioned in another thread that ds is working his way through cooking a meal a week from ELAD. Tomorrow he's on for pork roast with sauteed apples (I forget the cookbook name of the recipe). :tu

My challenge is going to be making breakfasts and healthy to-go lunches. I have ingredients to do some kind of egg muffin tomorrow morning, if I wake up early enough...

Mother of Sons 04-30-2012 06:04 PM

That looks yummy! I love food pics.

crunchymum 04-30-2012 06:10 PM

Yeah... Cereal is SO easy! :( I'm going to miss just making myself coffee and letting them pour their own cereal. :shifty I'm hoping to figure out some premade stuff to be heated up or something. :think this morning we had green smoothie and an egg. I was going to do eggs in a nest, but what with the bacon and ground beef tonight, I may go easy on the meat in the morning. Maybe I'll just do a frittata. :think

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of Sons (Post 4605094)
That looks yummy! I love food pics.

I love to see pics of what people are eating! :yes my sisters and I sometimes do a "what's on your plate" photo text thing, but they always catch me when I'm eating like, a tootsie roll and a Klondike bar for lunch. :rolleyes

Dovenoir 04-30-2012 06:26 PM

This year is about introducing ferments and whole foods and removing processing, added sugar and probably soy from our diets.

BarefootBetsy 04-30-2012 06:26 PM

:cup

We're trying to eat more TF/Paleo/Primal. Whole foods without too many grains - even though I know the reasons behind it, I'm uncomfortable with severely restricting any whole foods :blush

I also, um, prefer cooking vegetarian meals. Like, a lot. Cooking meat is just so greasy and messy and you can't taste it until it's cooked completely! Makes me crazy. I know part of it is that we were vegetarian when I was first learning how to cook with whole foods :sigh So I need tips about getting more comfortable with cooking meat.

sweetpeasmommy 04-30-2012 06:34 PM

I am here. Carry on. :lol

musicmama 04-30-2012 06:50 PM

pork with squishy squashy apples! it's delicious!

My kids LOVE rat on a stick :tu

Allison 04-30-2012 06:51 PM

We're doing traditional foods and I hope to do gaps eventually.

Tonight was potato soup.

Happygrl 04-30-2012 07:01 PM

I'm here. We aren't on any kind of diet but I'm working slowly to add in more whole foods, less processed (we're already pretty lean on it with the exception of things like condiments)...and more veggies. The veggies is the hardest part for me. I like so few and it literally scares me to try new ones. But I know, know, know I need to do more veggies. But, seriously, my stomach is all cranky just thinking about having to try them. :(