Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Remember: mention employees by name in satisfaction survey (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=528394)

Soliloquy 04-20-2020 10:22 PM

Remember: mention employees by name in satisfaction survey

Many national stores do not allow employees to accept tips. But they usually offer incentives to employees who are mentioned by name in customer satisfaction surveys. This is one way we can thank the people who are making sure we get groceries and other necessities.

Vicki_T 04-21-2020 06:38 AM

Re: Remember: mention employees by name in satisfaction survey

Good point! I can never remember their name by the time I get home though :doh

Soliloquy 04-22-2020 11:02 PM

Text yourself. I text myself all kinds of things. :giggle

Mother of Sons 04-22-2020 11:39 PM

My son is an auto glass technician and I learned something interesting about their surveys. If they get anything less than 9 or 10 on a survey it is counted as a negative. There is no neutral. Negatives keep them from getting bonuses. They also have to get a certain amount of surveys back. So Definitely do the survey and if your technician does a good job just give them a 10. I’m curious if other companies do the same.

sweetpeasmommy 04-23-2020 01:18 AM

When I worked in restaurants, anything less than 5 on a scale of 1-5 was considered negative. I have been sat down and “talked to”
by management before for a secret shopper that gave 4 stars in a few areas. [emoji849] She didn’t say anything bad in the comments, just gave 4 stars. [emoji51] DH is one of those types to always rate things 4 if good because “nothing’s perfect” and I’m like “ Nooooo!” I don’t think he really does surveys anymore. I hate that they do it that way, I bet a lot of people think a 4 is a positive rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicki_T 04-23-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6214986)
Text yourself. I text myself all kinds of things. :giggle

Good idea! I often text myself things to put in my calendar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy (Post 6214992)
When I worked in restaurants, anything less than 5 on a scale of 1-5 was considered negative. I have been sat down and “talked to”
by management before for a secret shopper that gave 4 stars in a few areas. [emoji849] She didn’t say anything bad in the comments, just gave 4 stars. [emoji51] DH is one of those types to always rate things 4 if good because “nothing’s perfect” and I’m like “ Nooooo!” I don’t think he really does surveys anymore. I hate that they do it that way, I bet a lot of people think a 4 is a positive rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely think 4 was a positive rating!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of Sons (Post 6214989)
My son is an auto glass technician and I learned something interesting about their surveys. If they get anything less than 9 or 10 on a survey it is counted as a negative. There is no neutral. Negatives keep them from getting bonuses. They also have to get a certain amount of surveys back. So Definitely do the survey and if your technician does a good job just give them a 10. I’m curious if other companies do the same.

I had no idea it could work like that. I would see 7 and up as a positive rating. I will remember this thread next time I do one of those surveys :yes

Soliloquy 10-12-2020 11:31 AM

Bumping this as we start our holiday shopping!

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

When I worked at a national retailer, the two most important questions on the survey were

"how likely are you to come back to this location"

and

"would you recommend this location to a friend?"

Getting high ratings on those two questions is what led to money getting put into the employee fun fund-- money for the end of year employee party, a nice sofa for the break room, money for coffee and tea, pizza parties, etc.

But getting mentioned by name in the comments was what led to individual bonuses. If you got mentioned 3 times you got $50. The sixth time you got mentioned you got $100. Etc.