Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   How often do you get speeding tickets? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526665)

Beth1231 02-14-2019 10:35 AM

How often do you get speeding tickets?

I managed to get caught in a speed trap today 😑
I used to get these very rarely but this is my second in 14 months. I’m so bummed,

Aerynne 02-14-2019 10:54 AM

Re: How often do you get speeding tickets?

I got one 17 years ago and that was the only one I ever got. Sorry you got two.

twoplustwo 02-14-2019 11:03 AM

I received one when I was living in Texas before kids. I am not sure if I was married or not. I feel like I wasn't, but could have been. If I wasn't yet married it would have been 2000-2003. If it was after I was married it would have been 2004-2005. So that was the last time.
It was my only speeding ticket in the state of Texas. It was also during a speed trap where the speed limit reduced. I totally missed the sign.

That was my 2nd or 3rd speeding ticket total. I started driving in ... lets see. . . 1991. I think I have only had 2, maybe 3 speeding tickets. I think 2 though. My first ticket was for not fully stopping at a stop sign.

I have not had a lot of tickets. Which is crazy surprising if you saw the way I drove from age 16 through 22 or so. I was just lucky I guess.

Sorry you are having a run of bad luck. :(

Beth1231 02-14-2019 11:12 AM

Yeah,I think I was lucky when I was younger too. Nowadays,I can get lost in my thoughts and music if I’m not careful. When I was younger,I didn’t really grasp all the terrible things that happen from accidents.
And speaking of accidents,I had one of those last year too. Ugh.

twoplustwo 02-14-2019 11:16 AM

My first accident was when I had dd as a baby in the car. It was awful (physiologically, physically fine). Accidents and tickets are more emotionally scarring now than when we were young, imo.

WanderingJuniper 02-14-2019 11:32 AM

:duck I've never had a speeding ticket. :shifty That is not to say I don’t speed. I do. :bag
I was pulled over once because of how I was driving but there was legitimately a whole difficult set of circumstances that day and I quickly word vomitted the story to the officer and he was super apologetic and sent me on my way.
That would be a big bummer to get two within two years.

Mother of Sons 02-14-2019 11:44 AM

I’ve nevee gotten a ticket but I’ve been pulled over for various things a lot. Today I could have gotten pulled over and would have deserved the ticket but usually I don’t speed.

Beth1231 02-14-2019 11:48 AM

I live out in the country and speed traps abound on those long roads. I know they are there but a good song from the Beatles and I can forget....

bananacake 02-14-2019 01:21 PM

1997. I learned my lesson :lol I don’t speed at all anymore.

JoannaV 02-14-2019 02:34 PM

Never, but I took my test less than three years ago.
The very first time I met DH, as he drove me away from the airport, he got pulled over. :lol :doh He hasn't had a ticket in a while, but when he does they tend to come in threes. :eek

Soliloquy 02-14-2019 05:30 PM

Ugh, so sorry.

I got one in 2013. Maybe 4 in my whole life, not sure exactly.

I live in the country, too. Cruise control! That's how I manage. And I've learned to :shrug about being late. It used to bother me a LOT when I was late but life happens.

ECingMama 02-14-2019 06:29 PM

Never. But I was pulled over a few weeks after getting my license. Just a warning.

I caused an accident a few years ago and got a ticket for that. No injuries. Light damage to other person’s car.

ViolaMum 02-14-2019 06:54 PM

Sorry. That stinks.

I got one 20 years ago driving through Virginia on my way home from college. A Statie was waiting halfway down a very steep hill in the middle of nowhere on the interstate. Not nice.

Last year I got pulled over while on my way to a gig. I got a warning, no ticket. :phew That cop pulled someone else over right after he let me go.

mommychem 02-14-2019 07:38 PM

I’m sorry you’ve gotten two in a short time. :hug2 I’ve never gotten a speeding ticket. :shifty I try to avoid being pulled over as much as possible. :phew The only ticket I’ve ever gotten was for not stopping before turning right on red. I was caught by a red light camera and never paid it because at that point, the city I was living in deemed that the cameras contributed to more accidents than they prevented. People would stop short to avoid being caught by the camera and then get rear ended by cars behind them who assumed they would drive through the light. Officials also realized that the tickets were not being paid. The cameras were also in the poorer areas of town, which was deemed unjust. I believe they stopped the program and removed the cameras around town.

LovinBeingMommy 02-14-2019 08:49 PM

I've never gotten one. :shifty I generally don't speed because I'm just not the type to really ever be in a hurry. :shrugs