Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Technical Corner (Electronics, Computers, Websites (like Facebook), Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Sleep tracking apps for android (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529300)

RealLifeMama 01-31-2021 06:24 AM

Sleep tracking apps for android

Does anyone use a sleep tracking app?
I would like one that shows my sleep cycle patterns and has the Gentle alarm to wake me in light sleep.
Free is good, but I would pay a little after a trial.

Also, are these safe? I don't like apps having access to things, but I figure I can turn the microphone access off when I wake up. But will it track everything I do? Also, does it send waves out? I am super sensitive to things like that. I can literally feel when my husband is humming in the room below me in my house and it drives me batty. When I step on my body fat scale, I feel all wiggly inside. Last night, I tried a sleep app that was free, and as I was lying there before I fell asleep, I could have sworn I felt odd sensations that I don't usually feel. Is that safe?

tempus vernum 01-31-2021 10:24 AM

Re: Sleep tracking apps for android

I don’t have answers but I definitely sleep worse when I wear my Apple Watch. Even on nights I wake wel rested my sleep is not correct. For example I will lay in bed and not sleep but meditate. It counts it as sleep as my vitals indicate a level of relaxation simile to sleep.

I believe EMF exposure can be issue for people . I’ve considered getting rid of my Apple Watch due to having emf exposure.

If I had concerns abt my sleep cycles I would Discuss it with my doctor. And consider a sleep study.

RealLifeMama 01-31-2021 10:29 AM

I am mostly interested in the gentle alarm aspect. I have an extremely hard time waking up with my alarm, but want to wake up by a certain time. Then, I feel cruddy, but if I wake by myself, I feel great.
Tracking the cycles is more for my curiosity and so I can figure out what factors might help me sleep best

tempus vernum 01-31-2021 05:44 PM

I see. From what I’ve read out best sleep comes from going to bed and waking up at the same time every single night. There’s an amazing documentary called “sleepless in America”

But I don’t have much to offer. I’m someone who’s had insomnia for 34 years at least (my first memory of being up all night cuz I couldn’t slee was 14 and I’m
48).

I think I recall you saying you quit your job and your sleep schedules a mess... :hugheart

I hope you find what you are looking for :hug

Soliloquy 02-04-2021 03:55 PM

I muscled tested myself for my fitness watch and it's fine for me. But they do mess with some people, for sure.

This has nothing to do with your question but our neurotherapist has been teaching us various techniques to re-set our circadian rhythms. I can share them, if you want.

My phone has gentle alarm settings built right in. When I go to alarm settings, I have the option for it to start out very quiet and gradually get louder. So that aspect you may already have. I use my Google Home Mini for my alarm, though, not my phone. I have it set to the same time every single day. That has decreased my ambient stress quite a bit.

mipennsn 02-09-2021 04:54 AM

I use Sleep Cycle on Apple. I believe there is an Android app.