Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Technical Corner (Electronics, Computers, Websites (like Facebook), Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   best iPad case/apps/keyboard? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=449003)

Waterlogged 05-13-2012 01:49 PM

best iPad case/apps/keyboard?

Hit me with your best shot....

Hermana Linda 05-14-2012 08:32 AM

Re: best iPad case/apps/keyboard?

I have no clue but I moved this to Technical Corner in hopes that it will help. :heart

mommylove 05-14-2012 08:57 AM

Chima -- not the prettiest, but the most versatile we could find at the time. We bought it at the Mac store.

forty-two 05-14-2012 09:13 AM

We have the Griffin Survivor and love it :tu. We let both R and A use the iPad, carry it around; J's knocked it down several times; I use it outside all the time; dh tosses it in his bag; we eat and drink while using it without worrying - and it does just fine :yes. We wanted a case protective enough we didn't have to worry about it, but could just use it and leave it around in a house of littles and have it be fine - and thus far the Survivor has lived up to expectations :tu.

Leslie 05-16-2012 08:22 AM

In my circle, people swear by Otterbox cases. They're supposed to survive anything. However, they're expensive, almost impossible to remove if you ever change your mind, and they add a lot of bulk to the ipad so that isn't sleek and elegant anymore. The one forty-two posted looks more like what I'd be likely to consider.

Can'tTurnLeft 05-16-2012 08:35 AM

Otterbox. My friends son put his iPad under her tahoe and she ran over it and it wasn't even scratched.

forty-two 05-16-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 4633043)
In my circle, people swear by Otterbox cases. They're supposed to survive anything. However, they're expensive, almost impossible to remove if you ever change your mind, and they add a lot of bulk to the ipad so that isn't sleek and elegant anymore. The one forty-two posted looks more like what I'd be likely to consider.

I :heart our iPhone otterbox - truly does survive just about anything :yes. And I did look at otterbox first when looking for iPad cases. But the reviews weren't great :sigh - otterbox's design doesn't seem to scale well :shrug3. So we kept looking and found the Griffin Survivor. It goes on easy, but it does add to the weight and bulk a decent bit - price you pay for that kind of protection, I think :shrug3. We didn't use the iPad much at all outside the case, so the added bulk is just part of the iPad for us (same as iPhone in otterbox) - which is the way to go, IMO. Otherwise, if you get used to the naked iPad first, I think you do feel like you are losing out materially on the sleekness/weightlessness front when you put a protective case on.

Waterlogged 05-16-2012 09:15 AM

I have an Otterbox for my iPod touch. I have 2 different cases coming from Amazon today - we'll see if I like either of them. I didn't get an Otterbox b/c of the weight/bulk issues. It's hard to know how much I'm going to let K touch/use it, since I'm supposed to be using it for school.

zak 05-16-2012 09:29 AM

I am taking my iPad to get a new screen tomorrow. It was in an otter box. Fell from my dresser to carpeted floor. Shattered. :(

Looking too!!! 149 for a new screen. No fun!!

mommylove 05-16-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zak (Post 4633192)
I am taking my iPad to get a new screen tomorrow. It was in an otter box. Fell from my dresser to carpeted floor. Shattered. :(

Looking too!!! 149 for a new screen. No fun!!

:jawdrop Note to self: be more careful with the iPad. My kids are notoriously rough with ours.

forty-two 05-16-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommylove (Post 4633282)
:jawdrop Note to self: be more careful with the iPad. My kids are notoriously rough with ours.

That was my thought, too :nails - baby J has kicked ours to the floor before, although it was fine :phew.