Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Please give me drugs! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=454905)

Cherish 07-18-2012 11:45 AM

Please give me drugs!

Or, help! I need pain relief and I need it yesteday!
I had a root canal yesterday (or half of one, the other half is scheduled to be done next week!) I'm in so much pain that I'm considering ripping the dadgum tooth right out of my head. I don't need it, really!
They gave me tylenol 3 and it doesn't help at all. I'm taking advil (too much and too often, I'm sure!) and still, I'm ready to curl up in a ball and just cry. It's excruciating. This can't be right, right? What do I tell the endondtist? Between my pain-fogged brain and her non-native english, I need the right words!

Can I use orajel? Is there some herb or natural thing I could try? Will one of you please come over here and hit me with a frying pan ala Tangled and knock me out? Does God still love me?

Batesfamily5 07-18-2012 11:58 AM

Re: Please give me drugs!

Dental pain is the worse. I've heard oral gel or clove oil can help pain.

Barefoot Bookworm 07-18-2012 12:02 PM

Clove oil. :hug2

Cherish 07-18-2012 12:07 PM

clove oil, is that something you make or you buy?

Barefoot Bookworm 07-18-2012 12:09 PM

You should be able to find it at any health food store.

Cherish 07-18-2012 12:10 PM

I called the doc (this quiet lil sweet lady who is auditioning for a part in the next Saw movie, I swear) and she thinks i'm anxious. lol, there's a big difference between anxiety and "Please God make it stop!" lol she wants me to take valium along with the codeine. Told her no, the codeine did not help at all. So now we're going with vicodin, which makes me hurl, so I will be getting benedryl with it. I guess I will wake up sometime next week? I'm so not taking the valium! Thanks for the hugs. Pray I don't go endondtist hunting in my sleep. ;)

lol, sending non-crunchy husband to "hippi-fied health food store" (his words, not mine!), will be fun to see what he comes back with. Hopefully the actual clove oil! ;)

allisonintx 07-18-2012 12:10 PM

Piggy back the.maximum dose of advil for your weight with the tylenol with codine alternating by taking the dosages if the T3 is q4 hours, then two hours after taking it, you'd take your first dose of advil. Set reminders! Pain coverage is very time sensitive. For the first 3 dsys, take the meds at the shortest interval allowed by the dosing schedule.

Take nice hot baths. It will draw the.bloodflow from your head into your body. Ice your jaw while you bathe. Use epsom salts to help keep your muscular stress response low so that your pain threshold will be higher. Wear warm socks when you get out, for the same reason.

Pineapple and papaya are anti-inflammatory, so smoothies with them are helpful.

Cherish 07-18-2012 12:16 PM

Thank you, Allison. I think I love you. :) It might be the drugs talking, but tears sprang up when I read your post. I'm gonna go take a warm epsom bath right now and have my dd blend up a papaya smoothie.

mamacat 07-18-2012 12:22 PM

Was also going to recommend an epsom salt bath.I have not heard of a 1/2 root canal before sounds like the worst kind of tortutre.can you call back and ask to get in there right away for othert1/2 or see someone else? IME wih root canals if the pain is that intense right after there is something wrong but since they didnt finish the root canal it is hard to say.I had 2 and had some discomfort after but didnt even use Ibuprofen because was pregnant at the time - with 3rd one had that kind of pain right after that you are describing that came and went for 2 yrs following.Went back to dentist so many times finally saw an endodontist who determined root had cracked during procedure.Might ask to have root examined miroscopically before you proceed with other 1/2 because would need an extraction then

Mother of Sons 07-18-2012 12:22 PM

Yo can get clove oil at regular drug stores. It's in the tooth pain section and it's usually called Eugenol. It tastes BAD. So don't get it on your tongue!

houseforjoy 07-18-2012 12:26 PM

:hug hope you get relief soon!

mamacat 07-18-2012 12:34 PM

Have you paid for whole thing becaue really next week isnt acceptable with that amount of pain and to have to take all of those narcotics :jawdrop I woul call and insist on being seen lke today or tomorrow or you will go elsewhere

Cherish 07-18-2012 01:03 PM

she offered to see me tomorrow
working out the driving situation
husband arrived with drugs
praying all this together helps because right now i feel like running in front of a bus to make it stop.
prayers sooo appreciated

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

might be pain talking, but that woman is being RUDE to me. acting like this is all my fault. Rude to my husband, too, on the phone. Praying we can get in and get this done and never have to see her again.

mamacat 07-18-2012 01:08 PM

so glad about tomorrow - is it an endo? can you request he examine the roots befrore going any furthur?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

really if all else fails an extraction is not such a bad thing.are you also on antibiotics because in my experience I had that much pain when there was infection involved.I am not an abx person but.........

allisonintx 07-18-2012 01:09 PM

im proud of you for being a strong advocate for yourself.