Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   I think my IP died (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=524382)

HuggaBuggaMommy 12-12-2017 02:02 PM

I think my IP died

I've had my Instant Pot for about 2 years. The last two times I used it, it would not pressurize. I've never had that problem and checked all the common "fixes" but to no avail. Is it dead?

Ring in place correctly, enough liquid, release in proper position, lid on right, etc. What am I missing?

Soliloquy 12-12-2017 02:42 PM

Re: I think my IP died

Mine has done that. I've taken off the lid, let the ring cool down, put it back together and it worked.

I think I need to replace the ring.

mommychem 12-12-2017 02:53 PM

I've only had mine a couple months, but I nearly panicked at the thought of my instant pot dying. Hope there's more life in yours! :hug

meagan 12-14-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggaBuggaMommy (Post 6120140)
I've had my Instant Pot for about 2 years. The last two times I used it, it would not pressurize. I've never had that problem and checked all the common "fixes" but to no avail. Is it dead?

Ring in place correctly, enough liquid, release in proper position, lid on right, etc. What am I missing?

Have you tried a different outlet? My instant pot wouldn't pressurize at someone else's house once but when I got it home it was fine. You could also check the little silicone piece on the float valve. You might just need a new ring maybe?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

HuggaBuggaMommy 12-14-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meagan (Post 6120470)
Have you tried a different outlet? My instant pot wouldn't pressurize at someone else's house once but when I got it home it was fine. You could also check the little silicone piece on the float valve. You might just need a new ring maybe?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Yes, different outlets. I didn't check in the float valve, though. Thanks, I'll do that next.

HuggaBuggaMommy 12-27-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6120152)
Mine has done that. I've taken off the lid, let the ring cool down, put it back together and it worked.

I think I need to replace the ring.

Was your IP counting down when this happened? Like, from the outside everything looked normal, but then you realized you could open the lid because there was no pressure?

I probably should try a new ring first. Drat. I just placed an order on Amazon yesterday. :-/

ShangriLewis 12-27-2017 06:59 PM

When mine did that, I took apart the valve thing and gave it a good cleaning. I think I watched a YouTube video. It’s been fine ever since.

Soliloquy 12-27-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggaBuggaMommy (Post 6122228)
Was your IP counting down when this happened? Like, from the outside everything looked normal, but then you realized you could open the lid because there was no pressure?

I probably should try a new ring first. Drat. I just placed an order on Amazon yesterday. :-/

Yes. It never reached pressure, never locked, and started counting down. Maybe cleaning the valve like everyone recommends will help.

Llee 12-28-2017 01:26 PM

Did you open a ticket with Instant Pot? They're pretty good at costumer service fun what I hear.

HuggaBuggaMommy 12-28-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llee (Post 6122361)
Did you open a ticket with Instant Pot? They're pretty good at costumer service fun what I hear.

No. I had not clue I could do that. :bag Thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLewis (Post 6122233)
When mine did that, I took apart the valve thing and gave it a good cleaning. I think I watched a YouTube video. It’s been fine ever since.

I will try that, too.

Llee 01-04-2018 01:46 PM

So? Any word?

2sunshines 01-04-2018 03:37 PM

:popcorn

Curious about the resolution (or not) of this too.