Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Roomba rave (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526631)

MegMarch 02-03-2019 09:46 AM

Roomba rave

So we got one as an unexpected Christmas gift. I'd always thought we'd not get much use from it and brushed them off.

DUDES. Life-changing. I took the toddler outside to play and my floors got clean at the SAME TIME! :giggle And the kids and DH are way more into picking up the floor so the Roomba can clean than they are so I can vacuum. I could probably dissect that and grump but for now, I'll just enjoy it.

Seriously, I just wanted to encourage you guys to consider one. Anything that helps make life a little nicer and easier for a mama :yes

ECingMama 02-03-2019 10:36 AM

Re: Roomba rave

I like to run it while we are at church.

knitlove 02-03-2019 11:59 AM

I keep looking at these.

There are so many different nines at different prices. Which one do you have? I would love so so much to get one for birthday/Christmas next year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gerberadaisy 02-03-2019 03:57 PM

I want one sooooooo bad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegMarch (Post 6170540)
So we got one as an unexpected Christmas gift. I'd always thought we'd not get much use from it and brushed them off.

DUDES. Life-changing. I took the toddler outside to play and my floors got clean at the SAME TIME! :giggle And the kids and DH are way more into picking up the floor so the Roomba can clean than they are so I can vacuum. I could probably dissect that and grump but for now, I'll just enjoy it.

Seriously, I just wanted to encourage you guys to consider one. Anything that helps make life a little nicer and easier for a mama :yes

The thought of losing a lego piece or your favorite shirt might make it a little easier (J/K about the shirt but it can eat those legos up...LOL).

RealLifeMama 02-03-2019 04:59 PM

DH won one at his office Christmas party.
We have used it maybe three times.
I am nervous about it running over stuff it shouldn't, or sucking up curtains. We have in floor outlets, so we do have some cords about even though we try not to.
We have to vacuum every single day, though, sometimes twice, because we have all wood floors that are dark and we can see everything and they scratch super easy. I bet it would be life changing to use it while we sleep or something. I need to get the kids to pick up more so we can use it.

gerberadaisy 02-03-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLifeMama (Post 6170590)
DH won one at his office Christmas party.
We have used it maybe three times.
I am nervous about it running over stuff it shouldn't, or sucking up curtains. We have in floor outlets, so we do have some cords about even though we try not to.
We have to vacuum every single day, though, sometimes twice, because we have all wood floors that are dark and we can see everything and they scratch super easy. I bet it would be life changing to use it while we sleep or something. I need to get the kids to pick up more so we can use it.

I have dark floors throughout but my kitchen floor is vinyl wood look. I absolutely HATE it. The rest of my floors don't show dirt & dust the way that one does. It's horrible & it's only a year old. hated it from the moment it went in. a Roomba or shark would be a sanity saver. Hoping hubs will relent soon.

Soliloquy 02-04-2019 05:42 PM

I'm waiting for them to come down in price. I love that it would go under my bed and everything. :yes