Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Hobbies and Crafts *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=432)
-   -   Paper crafters, I need your help (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=448266)

NovelMama 05-05-2012 09:08 PM

Paper crafters, I need your help

I have some solid colored gift bags that I want to pretty up a bit for mother's day gifts (I'm selling them with stuff from my business in them). I'm making about 20 of them so whatever it is needs to be quickly and easily mass produced. I have lots of scrapbooking cardstock (solid colors) and paper (prints and solids), no fun scissors, one cute corner cutter thingie that makes the corners look like lace, a set of circle and oval cutters, and a color printer. I don't have any stamps or stickers for making words.

I'm picturing something layered that I can affix to the front of the bag, but can't think of anything specific to do. Help?

Quiteria 05-05-2012 10:18 PM

Re: Paper crafters, I need your help

My first thought was something I saw another WAHM do...she bought a stamp with her business logo, and stamped it onto the bags with gold ink (I think the bags were navy or forest green...maybe black...it's been a while).

So, that doesn't fit the criteria for this time :doh but it was quick and cheap to mass-produce a zillion once she bought the stamp and inkpad.

It sounds to me like you're going to need to use your printer to make words...either your business name, or something to the gist of "Happy Mother's Day." But in case your stuff is actually bought for a birthday, or not all of it sells, then having them say "Mother's Day" would be bad. So, I'd go with your business name...or perhaps a generic word like "Relax."

How about you cut colored cardstock squares/rectangles...cut the corners like lace...punch a cirle or oval from the middle to make it like a picture frame...and stick a white piece of paper behind it with whatever wording printed in color.

So, you'd have maybe a pink bag, your business name in pink on a white background, framed by an orange square.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

http://www.simplysalvage.com/wordpre...1/DSC04719.jpg

sort of like this...only just paper tags to glue onto the bag, framing a word. Glue the whole thing onto the gift bag. Smaller than this photo...like 3"x3" perhaps.

NovelMama 05-06-2012 02:28 PM

Re: Paper crafters, I need your help

That's a perfect idea, thank you!!