Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   What's something new going on in your life? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529559)

knitlove 07-12-2021 09:17 AM

Re: What's something new going on in your life?

Have any of y'all ridden a 4 person bike? When I was growing up you could rent them in Galveston and ride them in the sea wall. It was a great treat.

Once I was close to my mom's higth we would ride the random bike and would peddle the 4 person bike. It was fun. My dad had polio and so really only has the ability to push a peddle on one legg - he could rode a bike it but it is in an uneven gate.

Early bird is nearly as tall as I am now I really want to go find a random bike to ride together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RiverRock 07-12-2021 10:13 AM

I’m taking a stats course online. This is the fourth time registering, but the first time committing to actually completing it. I’m struggling. I understand the text, but the tests are timed and I can’t do the work fast enough to do well. Three weeks left to go! I’m proud of myself for getting this far but also counting down the days for the class to be done! I’m sharing it here because it is consuming my life these days! :giggle

tempus vernum 07-14-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6253972)
We just bought a used hot tub. Well, we put a deposit on it and will pay when we actually pick it up. Gotta figure out getting it home.

I'm so excited.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

We bought a hot tub in April that was supposed to be delivered in may. It’s finally in town and coming today. Electrician has to come back and do step 2 of the wiring for us.... but I will be glad once it’s here.

This likely won’t help a Texan but DH told me that our hot tub is coming on a double snowmobile trailer .. apparently it’s the perfect way to easily maneuver it ... ... but I’d guess an equivalent in Texas might be a double atv or jet ski trailer? Just a thought. If you need suggestions, I could ask DH who was a motorcycle and recreation vehicle mechanic 20+ years ago (jet skis snowmobiles, speed boats etc) I will take pics if I’m home when it’s delivered LOL.

heartofjoy 07-14-2021 07:55 AM

We paid to have it delivered professionally! My husband is figuring out the electrical now. He's digging a trench to bury the wires. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8ef1cc412b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...07eb83a737.jpg

tempus vernum 07-14-2021 10:49 AM

Yay!! Our delivery on the snowmobile trailer IS professional :laughtears. I was like “what?” :giggle apparently it’s easier to maneuver into our backyard on the small trailer

Yay!! So exciting :woohoo congrats!!!!! . Our electricians on vacation so no clue when we will get ours hooked up ...

heartofjoy 07-14-2021 02:06 PM

I didn't mean that yours WASN'T professional! ;) My husband watched youtube videos of middle aged guys like him moving them and decided it would be better to hire someone who does it for a living. :laughtears

And yet he's ok with renting that monster of a trencher and running actual electricity himself. :shifty :jawdrop :doh

tempus vernum 07-14-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6254191)
I didn't mean that yours WASN'T professional! ;) My husband watched youtube videos of middle aged guys like him moving them and decided it would be better to hire someone who does it for a living. :laughtears

And yet he's ok with renting that monster of a trencher and running actual electricity himself. :shifty :jawdrop :doh

Well I’m laughing cuz I expected some kind of crane to set my hot tub down and it basically was not what I thought :laughtears

And LOL abt doing electrical. My DH wouldn’t even attempt it even though he rewired our old house LOL

tempus vernum 07-14-2021 05:20 PM

What's something new going on in your life?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...19d8f16731.jpg
Ours is here safe and sound. :woohoo
Also pictured my pup and hubby LOL

I find it hysterical we both got a hot tub the same week D!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heartofjoy 07-14-2021 05:28 PM

Nice! Love your deck and pup! How funny is that? I never even really thought about owning one. Dh got his inheritance from his dad and decided to spend a little of it on a few luxuries.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the maintenance aspect. I hope I can figure out the chemicals!

tempus vernum 07-14-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6254206)
Nice! Love your deck and pup! How funny is that? I never even really thought about owning one. Dh got his inheritance from his dad and decided to spend a little of it on a few luxuries.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the maintenance aspect. I hope I can figure out the chemicals!

We’ve owned a hot Tub before (a hand me down- this is the first we’ve purchased). If you keep a routine and do the testing it’s pretty simple. One random Tip. Empty it all the way 2/yr and clean it . We have a natural system but hot Tubs made the last decade are almost all very low chorine or natural chemicals.

I’m glad you got Something fun!!! We used our stimulus money for This prior to a bunch of unexpected expenses and I’m so glad we got it before those all popped up . DH and I both have pain issues and I’ve becoming increasingly grossed out by hot tubs at the gym :shifty not to mention the self care aspect of a hot tub. this was our anniversary present to Each other since we r unable to Vacation alone together at the moment.

Ours took from April till now. We bought it from a really good local reputable family owned business we r familiar with. Today we were told people ordering now won’t get their hot tub until 2023 so I’ve decided 3 months wasn’t so bad :giggle

heartofjoy 07-14-2021 06:03 PM

Wow! That's crazy to wait so long! We bought our used so we didn't wait much at all.

I'd rather have new flooring but dh has been uninterested in doing that. I think because he would feel like installing it himself to save money and he doesn't want to do it!

Soliloquy 07-14-2021 07:48 PM

Jodi, is that a citrus tree in that pot?

tempus vernum 07-15-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6254219)
Jodi, is that a citrus tree in that pot?

:heart Yes when my aunt died a few years ago, I bought an orange tree to remember her by. Dh moves it in and out. We’ve gotten flowers that smell amazing but no fruit. My aunt lived in Florida and used to bring us oranges and mail us oranges for most holidays ... So it’s symbolic.

Soliloquy 07-15-2021 04:08 PM

Want a suggestion? The leaves look a little pale to me. I'd add some organic citrus fertilizer that has soil microbes. Does it get scale? When I had citrus trees they got soft scale every spring when I moved them outside. Blech.

tempus vernum 07-15-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6254263)
Want a suggestion? The leaves look a little pale to me. I'd add some organic citrus fertilizer that has soil microbes. Does it get scale? When I had citrus trees they got soft scale every spring when I moved them outside. Blech.

DH manages it. I just smile and nod. I will pass this along cuz I truly have zero clue. As you know we r always open to your input. You are definitely the friend that knows the most about this topic. Plus I told DH you asked and I responded and he asked what you said (I had to explain it was here and not text so he’d have to wait for your response :giggle) . But without DH the plant would be dead (I’ve killed almost all my houseplants so DH has taken over my emotional ones and we let the rest go..... I had so so many. some day I hope to have the executive function to handle a lot of plants again. :shifty