Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Magnificent March Meals (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=524912)

charla 03-03-2018 07:56 PM

Magnificent March Meals

Hey, ladies, it's March already! What are you eating for your main meals? Please share links, recipes and pics if you have them. :)

Thursday - chiles rellenos, rice, leftover corn, leftover beans, leftover coleslaw
Friday - roasted whole chicken with roasted root veggies (yellow potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips), beets
Saturday - chili, gluten free cheddar biscuits

knitlove 03-03-2018 09:05 PM

Re: Magnificent March Meals

Thursday was sausage and sauerkraut.
Friday was pizza - but my children only picked off the topings so next week they will get a plate of olives, apples and pepperoni .
Today was going to be fish but the girls were done and needed to go to bed so it became cheese quesideas.
Tomow lunch - the fish: talapia with capers and lemon. Over black rice and some random roasted veggies.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Singingmom 03-03-2018 09:08 PM

Charla, were the gf cheese biscuits good? I'd love the recipe. Unless they weren't. :giggle

Lady Grey 03-03-2018 11:05 PM

We had steak and roasted asparagus and potatoes.

charla 03-03-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singingmom (Post 6131644)
Charla, were the gf cheese biscuits good? I'd love the recipe. Unless they weren't. :giggle

They were a boxed mix from Aldi. They are pretty good for gf

2sunshines 03-04-2018 03:54 AM

Last night my dd (11) cooked dinner. She chose to make beef stroganoff over rice, with roasted carrots and broccoli on the side.

twoplustwo 03-04-2018 04:07 AM

:cup

MamaNata 03-04-2018 11:20 AM

Tonight was beef stroganoff.

2sunshines 03-04-2018 02:23 PM

We did super simple for lunch. I'm just extra emotionally drained right now. So grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches it is! With raw veggies on the side.

The Tickle Momster 03-04-2018 02:48 PM

Tonight is Trucker Stew. sausage, ground beef, 2 cans green beans, 2 average cans pork & beans, 2 cans kidney beans, 1 cup ketchup, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1 T spicy brown mustard. In the crock pot for 4 hours. Serving with a side of roasted brussel sprouts.

LilacPhoenix 03-04-2018 06:11 PM

TexMex seasoned thighs, refried beans, homemade Mexican rice, and salad

Lady Grey 03-04-2018 07:57 PM

Not feeling well today (allergies) so I picked up a rotisserie chicken and dh made mashed potatoes.

Virginia 03-04-2018 08:16 PM

I am going to ATTEMPT to start making freezer meals this month.

But tonight we had rotini pasta with ground beef and homemade tomato sauce with salads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squiddles 03-04-2018 10:27 PM

DH and I recently switched to a DF/grain free diet and I also work evenings a few nights a week. Because DH doesn’t really do a lot of cooking; chicken salad with AMAZING homemade ranch (made with homemade mayo) is a staple in our house several nights a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knitlove 03-05-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squiddles (Post 6131726)
AMAZING homemade ranch (made with homemade mayo) is a staple in our house several nights a week.

Do you have a recipe?

Singingmom 03-05-2018 02:26 PM

I'll be out tonight, so l left a chicken and broccoli casserole in the fridge. My vegetarian can heat himself a veggie burger.

Lady Grey 03-05-2018 03:07 PM

Chicken breasts and salsa going in the crockpot. I think we will make burrito bowls with it.

charla 03-05-2018 03:22 PM

Leftover bbq pulled pork over gf mac n cheese, coleslaw

knitlove 03-05-2018 03:48 PM

Tonight is chicken pineapple kabobs, a meal wiggle worm picked out.

The Tickle Momster 03-05-2018 04:10 PM

French Dip. Trying to find a veggie. Might be pepper slices.

Soliloquy 03-05-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6131635)
Hey, ladies, it's March already! What are you eating for your main meals? Please share links, recipes and pics if you have them. :)

Thursday - chiles rellenos, rice, leftover corn, leftover beans, leftover coleslaw
Friday - roasted whole chicken with roasted root veggies (yellow potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips), beets
Saturday - chili, gluten free cheddar biscuits

I love chiles rellenos! I only make it as a casserole, though. Too much work to make them the authentic way! I need to make that again, soon. :yum

I can't remember all that I've made so far this month.

Shaking Beef (never heard of that one, it was in our PlateJoy menu. It was pretty good.)

Saturday was penne pasta with Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, and wilted spinach. Lots of garlic. :yum

Last night was clam chowder.

Tonight is chili.

2sunshines 03-05-2018 05:17 PM

Tonight was a last minute Instant Pot to the rescue delicious dinner! :rockon

Threw several frozen chicken breasts in the IP with 1/2 cup water and about a cup of our fave bbq sauce. Cooked then shredded.

Boiled potatoes and steamed veggies and bam, easy peasy complete and healthy meal. :heart

LilacPhoenix 03-06-2018 10:08 AM

Last night was salsa chicken with extra bell peppers

charla 03-06-2018 10:35 AM

Baked lemon pepper flounder, broccoli cheddar risotto (I'm going to use some bone broth that I made from the whole chicken last week), kale Caesar salad

twoplustwo 03-06-2018 10:37 AM

Oh Kabobs. I need to plan KAbobs, havent done them in forever and its a good meal for a mix of meat and non meat eaters.

Tonight are the quiches I never made last week. :bag

knitlove 03-06-2018 05:53 PM

Tonight was taco salad.

LilacPhoenix 03-07-2018 07:18 AM

Last night I got home later than expected so I threw together quick nachos - leftover salsa chicken + leftover refried beans + homemade cheese sauce

2sunshines 03-07-2018 08:39 AM

I made a rice casserole for dinner last night. The rice was undercooked :doh so I added more milk put it back in the oven and baked it longer and it will be reheated with cheese for tonight's dinner. :rockon

charla 03-07-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6132088)
I made a rice casserole for dinner last night. The rice was undercooked :doh so I added more milk put it back in the oven and baked it longer and it will be reheated with cheese for tonight's dinner. :rockon

I can never get a baked rice casserole done. :no

Mediterranean chicken casserole, rice, asparagus, Greek salad

twoplustwo 03-07-2018 06:10 PM

I made load baked potatoes and salad.

Salad toppings: sunflower seeds, feta cheese, quinoa, apple.
Baked potato toppings: shredded cheddar, pinto beans, beef, sauted onion, butter. Not all ingredients were for everyone. Some don't eat beef, some don't like beans on their potatoes. It was a load them yourself style.

Tomorrow I work so I wont cook.

knitlove 03-07-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplustwo (Post 6132178)
I made load baked potatoes and salad.

Salad toppings: sunflower seeds, feta cheese, quinoa, apple.
Baked potato toppings: shredded cheddar, pinto beans, beef, sauted onion, butter. Not all ingredients were for everyone. Some don't eat beef, some don't like beans on their potatoes. It was a load them yourself style.

Tomorrow I work so I wont cook.

And compared to this our dinner was totally slack. We had potatoes with bacon and buttery spread. I had dreams of getting a veggie in there but we we're all too tired.

The Tickle Momster 03-07-2018 06:50 PM

We are having peanut butter noodles. Well, the kids are. I'm having the sauce over rice instead. Trying to get myself gluten free.

Singingmom 03-07-2018 06:54 PM

I made this Pioneer Woman soup
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/s...and-kale-soup/

But I subbed black beans for sausage, veggie broth for chicken broth, and coconut milk for milk/cream. My vegetarian and dairy-allergic son didn't even eat! :doh I thought it was delicious, but I'm used to random substitutions in all my recipes.

The Tickle Momster 03-07-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singingmom (Post 6132183)
I made this Pioneer Woman soup
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/s...and-kale-soup/

But I subbed black beans for sausage, veggie broth for chicken broth, and coconut milk for milk/cream. My vegetarian and dairy-allergic son didn't even eat! :doh I thought it was delicious, but I'm used to random substitutions in all my recipes.

That looks yummy! What quantity of beans did you sub for the sausage?

Singingmom 03-07-2018 07:15 PM

Two cans. Three would have been fine, and white beans would have been good, too. (I only used one can of coconut milk for all the milk ingredients, and I added a handful of pecorino romano at the end.)

Goodness, I just looked at the link. I used the recipe in her Dinnertime cookbook where she says 4 c. broth, 2 c. half and half, instead of the reverse at the link. I would go with the book!

heartofjoy 03-07-2018 07:21 PM

I'm trying to help dh eat low carb to jump start some weight loss for him. I'm doing it with him to help him. I think posting here will help motivate me to do good dinners. Tonight was our first night:

Tailgate chicken (marinade with beer-hopefully this wasn't too bad. I had it already in the freezer)

Rotated cauliflower

Salad with homemade ranch dressinghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...838b203be7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LilacPhoenix 03-07-2018 08:20 PM

Chicken cooked on the indoor grill with bacon on top, Brussels sprouts micro-steamed and sauteed in bacon grease and butter

Lady Grey 03-08-2018 03:53 PM

Homemade pizza. I'm going to try a low carb crust for mine.

charla 03-08-2018 04:29 PM

Sheet pan sausage and pepper, parmesan mashed potatoes, quick sauteed zucchini, kale caesar salad

knitlove 03-08-2018 05:04 PM

Beef stroganoff with home made gluten free egg noodles.

Neither of the girls liked it. I thought it was a pocibility so I made rolls and roasted broccoli for them to eat.

The egg noodles are definitely something I am going to be making again. They we're fast ( bearly longer than cooking store bought gf noodles) and simple. I want to play with drying and freezing some. https://www.frugalfarmwife.com/artic...e-egg-noodles/