Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Vacuums (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529136)

Llee 11-25-2020 12:32 PM

Vacuums

We need a new one and Black Friday sales are coming up. Other than Dyson, what are vacuums you own and love and recommend?

kiloyd 11-25-2020 09:01 PM

Re: Vacuums

I like my Shark. Don't love it, my mom and another friend just loved there's. It's fine, it works well, I like how it comes apart to do stairs.

Soliloquy 11-25-2020 10:57 PM

I have two Sharks and I love them so much. My favorite is the duo clean with powered lift away. You can lift the canister off and the vacuum is slim enough to get under beds and many other pieces of furniture. It actually goes completely flat so I can vacuum under beds without moving them. It's amazing on bare floors. You do have to clean the filters every 6 months but that's true of most vacuums with good filtration.

My other shark is the rotator lift away and I like that one, too, just not as much as the duo clean with powered lift away.

MaybeGracie 11-26-2020 12:11 AM

We love our Eureka The Boss SmartVac Upright Vacuum Cleaner. We've had it for years and it's a workhorse.

marbles 11-26-2020 05:17 AM

I have a shark and I love it. I don't have a lot to compare to but I really do like mine.

ViolaMum 11-26-2020 05:27 PM

We have a Shark, too. It's been great. Lightweight, great suction, easy to clean, good filter

We had a Eureka before this. It was great for pet hair, but eventually just stopped working.

2sunshines 11-27-2020 04:50 AM

I was a die hard dyson girl. I still adore them but with my recent vacuum purchase for price reasons I went with a shark due to recommendations on here. I'm very happy with it and I'd say it's definitely comparable to the dyson at a fraction of the cost.

kiloyd 11-27-2020 08:29 PM

I borrowed a Dyson once and it was great for bare floors but the hose attachment suction was terrible.

Soliloquy 11-29-2020 11:26 AM

Putting Admin Hat On

This thread was moved from Let's Talk to Joyous Home keeping. Both forums are public.

2sunshines 11-29-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiloyd (Post 6237552)
I borrowed a Dyson once and it was great for bare floors but the hose attachment suction was terrible.

Sounds like the hose was plugged up somewhere. That definitely happens and ironically is one of the biggest benefits of the dyson. I find that the hose parts are so easy to take apart at different areas to unplug a clog....