Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   What are you eating in November? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529074)

charla 11-01-2020 03:53 PM

What are you eating in November?

Since we have had no electricity since Monday early afternoon, we have been eating lots and lots of take out. I have no idea what we are eating tonight. :think I'm so ready to get back to cooking!

hollybells 11-01-2020 04:00 PM

Re: What are you eating in November?

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6235481)
Since we have had no electricity since Monday early afternoon, we have been eating lots and lots of take out. I have no idea what we are eating tonight. :think I'm so ready to get back to cooking!

Could you cook in your church's kitchen? Even plugging in a crockpot?

charla 11-01-2020 04:06 PM

I think I'm going to run the crockpot over there tomorrow so that I can use up my fresh produce that is going bad. Any ideas what to do with zucchini, cabbage, pablano peppers, dill, celery, tons of potatoes and carrots, romaine lettuce? I have some frozen meat to go with the produce: ground beef, a large roast (might take more time to thaw), whole chickens (also take to long to thaw before tomorrow, italian sausage, sausage links, ground chicken, chicken breasts, chicken wings. I also have quite a bit of different cheeses. I have a fairly good pantry of broths, canned tomatoes, canned beans, etc. Bonus points if it isn't soup (I would love it, but dh does not).

milkmommy 11-01-2020 04:19 PM

Oven baked chicken and sweet potato fries
Air Fryer green beans with bacon

knitlove 11-01-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6235485)
I think I'm going to run the crockpot over there tomorrow so that I can use up my fresh produce that is going bad. Any ideas what to do with zucchini, cabbage, pablano peppers, dill, celery, tons of potatoes and carrots, romaine lettuce? I have some frozen meat to go with the produce: ground beef, a large roast (might take more time to thaw), whole chickens (also take to long to thaw before tomorrow, italian sausage, sausage links, ground chicken, chicken breasts, chicken wings. I also have quite a bit of different cheeses. I have a fairly good pantry of broths, canned tomatoes, canned beans, etc. Bonus points if it isn't soup (I would love it, but dh does not).

I would probably start with a whole chicken in a pot with cellery to make soup and latter add in some potatoes.

I hope you get power back soon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hollybells 11-01-2020 06:00 PM

We had a few unexpected things last week so I didn't get to try the Creamy chicken pasta with brussel sprouts and mushrooms in one pot until tonight. It was ah-mazing!!! :yum

Everyone agreed, even the hater of brussel sprouts, that it's a definite addition to our recipes. :tu

ViolaMum 11-01-2020 06:27 PM

Charla, I hope your power comes back on soon! That's so stressful.

We had takeout pizza tonight.

(My kitchen was still a disaster after the last-minute costume making frenzy last night. Secunda added some improvements this afternoon to hers and she's planning to take video this week. She was an AT-ST, the 2-legged Imperial walker from Star Wars.)

knitlove 11-01-2020 08:11 PM

We had random leftovers and some fresh bread.

Aerynne 11-01-2020 08:20 PM

What I am eating in November so far is way too much junk! Hoping to start doing better tomorrow.

Tonight we had veggie sandwiches on hamburger buns with tater tots.

mummy2boys 11-01-2020 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear you have no power Charla...praying it comes back soon!!

Tonight is chicken stir fry with veggies and rice.

Tomorrow will be pizza as its DS #2's birthday and in our house you get to choose whatever you would like for dinner on your birthday :)

passthemanna 11-02-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6235485)

Make shredded chicken in the crock pot and put it on a salad? Cabbage and beef? Maybe you can put oil in the crock pot turn on high to saute veggie fajitas?
I hope you get your power back soon

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Clam chowder tonight (last night?) Veggie fajitas and carne asada for the kids and I tomorrow. I wish I could think of more meals everyone could eat. I did make a few freezer dinners of salmon, rice, and veggies for when i make stuff my dad can't chew. And costco had his eggplant parmesan on clearance for $3, so that helps!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

2sunshines 11-02-2020 07:33 AM

Cream cheese chicken tacquitos yesterday in the crock pot. One of our family's favourite meals.

Not sure what I'm cooking tonight. I have a bag of boneless skinless thighs so something with that...

twoplustwo 11-02-2020 09:07 AM

I missed the change of the month . . . Again! http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...s/eusa_doh.gif

Tonight is a family favorite - stir fry!

hollybells 11-02-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6235510)
Cream cheese chicken tacquitos yesterday in the crock pot. One of our family's favourite meals.

:nosy Would there, perchance, be a recipe for this? :grin

knitlove 11-02-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplustwo (Post 6235518)
I missed the change of the month . . . Again! http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...s/eusa_doh.gif

Tonight is a family favorite - stir fry!

How do you do your stirfry?