Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Thick, reasonably priced bath towels? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526303)

tempus vernum 11-14-2018 10:52 AM

Thick, reasonably priced bath towels?

Our towels are in dismal repair. I’d like to get decent towels without spending a ton.

Anyone have luck w a specific store/brand?

Katigre 11-14-2018 11:01 AM

Re: Thick, reasonably priced bath towels?

I have had great luck with Land's End 100% cotton towels. I stalk their clearance section for discontinued colors and it comes out to around $10/towel IIRC (maybe it's more - it's been a few years since I ordered some).

MegMarch 11-14-2018 11:01 AM

I found I prefer thin ones because they dry faster in our humid environment, so I love Turkish towels. But for thicker ones, ime, the best are Ralph Lauren (found at TJ Maxx type stores sometimes at a decent price) or The JC Penney Towel.

heartofjoy 11-14-2018 11:13 AM

Costco has some really thick ones that are under $10

2sunshines 11-14-2018 11:59 AM

A few years ago I replaced all our bath towels. I went with Apt 9 brand from kohls. Combining sales with coupon codes there I got them incredibly affordable and we've been very happy with them.

The Tickle Momster 11-14-2018 12:05 PM

JC Penney towels are great!

I like bath sheets though and have found good ones at Costco.

mamacat 11-14-2018 01:32 PM

We got some really nice ones at Sams Club

Mother of Sons 11-14-2018 01:46 PM

I got new ones at Walmart. They have these thick ridges on them and they’ve held up well. I think they were around $8?

Virginia 11-14-2018 08:42 PM

I really like the Fieldcrest- Luxury towels from Target-- $13 each.

ThreeKids 11-15-2018 07:45 AM

I like the quick dry ones from Dollar General, but they might not be as thick as you're thinking. They have more of a wavy texturing in lieu of thickness.

tempus vernum 11-15-2018 09:54 AM

Thank you all. Truth is our towels are horribly threadbare so anything would be an improvement :shifty

It’s the first time we’ve considered replacing them cuz of our finances seems like it’s not a necessity . Since posting this, we learned the brakes on dh’s car need replacing so now I’m probably asking for towels for Christmas. If not, at least I have good ideas where I can buy them for the future. :)

kiloyd 11-15-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of Sons (Post 6161981)
I got new ones at Walmart. They have these thick ridges on them and they’ve held up well. I think they were around $8?

I saw those and didn't think I'd like them. Maybe I'll try one. I bought two white towels at Walmart a few days ago for $5 each. Figured it would allow me to turn two dingy white towels into rags until I get a couple nicer towels.

I use white because my Proactiv sometimes bleaches out colored towels.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonshineMama (Post 6162043)
Thank you all. Truth is our towels are horribly threadbare so anything would be an improvement :shifty

It’s the first time we’ve considered replacing them cuz of our finances seems like it’s not a necessity . Since posting this, we learned the brakes on dh’s car need replacing so now I’m probably asking for towels for Christmas. If not, at least I have good ideas where I can buy them for the future. :)

I am asking for new towels for Christmas too. I just had my van breaks done last week. I know the money pain.

Do what I did and treat yourself to 2 new cheap towels in the meantime.

Vipers_Princess 11-15-2018 01:53 PM

We get the $3.97 towels at wal-mart. We use the laundromat right now and the machines are horrible on clothes and towels. So I looked for something super soft that dries quickly. They fit the bill and last.

kiloyd 11-16-2018 06:41 AM

I used my $5 towel from Walmart last night. It was nice to have a new towel. Go get yourself 2.

The weird thing is that the bath towel dried me well but the hand towel I bought doesn't seem to dry my hands well.

I'm asking for towels for Christmas.

tempus vernum 11-16-2018 10:27 AM

No point in only getting 2 as I have 3 teens which means clean dry towels are rare. And honestly it’s dh and a child who complain about towels. Don’t bother me at all . I just dry off and put on my robe. Threadbare doesn’t bother me personally.

I have extra pay Coming after I work thanksgiving since I work 20 hours over the two holiday days (we get time and a half). Hopefully that will pay for st nick and towels :-) I will probably go to Walmart and maybe next year buy better ones if I am not thrilled