Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   What menu planning sites do you like? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=521979)

Soliloquy 02-04-2017 12:07 PM

What menu planning sites do you like?

I'm at the point where I'm willing to pay for menu plans. I'm really burnt out on doing it solo.

I looked at eMenus and it's $30 for three months! That's a bit pricey but I liked that I could choose from a variety of eating plans and switch it up.

But I'm wondering if anyone has another site that they like.

This one looks good if I knew I could dedicate the time for OAMC.
https://onceamonthmeals.com

The Tickle Momster 02-04-2017 12:45 PM

Re: What menu planning sites do you like?

I like plan to eat. I have a referral code I can post later if you want it.

Oh wait, you want the plans done. :doh I liked Saving Dinner, from flylady.

There is another one that has 5 meals in 30 minutes prep.

Soliloquy 02-04-2017 03:30 PM

I think my ideal would be a site that is full of recipes that I can plug into a calendar. Is that what plan to eat is like? If the week is already planned it might not for our schedule.

The Tickle Momster 02-04-2017 03:47 PM

On plan to eat, you add your own recipes or import from websites. Then you plan them into a calendar and it spits out a shopping list.

RealLifeMama 02-04-2017 10:18 PM

Plan to Eat is great.
There is a little work on the front end to get started, but it is worth it.
They keep improving the program, too, and adding more features. It really is amazing.

But, you do have to decide what to eat and when.

gerberadaisy 02-05-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6065990)
I think my ideal would be a site that is full of recipes that I can plug into a calendar. Is that what plan to eat is like? If the week is already planned it might not for our schedule.

with plantoeat you can friend other people to see what they have saved under different categories. Especially helpful if you have friends with similar tastes/allergies/etc. who also use it.

If you cancel at any time & decide to go back, they don't delete your recipes.

RealLifeMama 02-05-2017 08:31 AM

Since you want one full of recipes, I would look at Dinner Answers.
It is the new and improved version of Leanne Ely's Menu Mailer.
Leanne really is, IMO, the original menu planning service with the Saving Dinner menu mailer.
(I did not hear of emeals until much later.)

Also, I heard of one on the A Slob Comes Clean podcast last night...eprep or something like that. It has your meal plan for the week like emeals, but schedules a prep time and gives instructions so that all the prep work is done and then you just have to cook. I was going to look at it this week.

ETA, the site is called PrepDish

greengirl19 02-05-2017 10:06 AM

I did Real Plans for a few months last year. It was great for a menu planning site, I just discovered I'm not a online menu planner.

Allison 02-05-2017 12:56 PM

I used Real Plans for a long time and loved it. I'm friends with the creators and saw the hard work they put into making a meal planner that helps families eat real food while taking into account allergies, intolerances, and preferences.

I stopped using it because I didn't want the meals planned for me anymore. I still recommend Real Plans for folks who do want the meals planned for them.

Here's my affiliate link if you're interested - https://realplans.com/?AFFID=178055

I now use PlanToEat and I love that I can take recipes straight from Pinterest and populate my menu. It's also less expensive, so that balances having to do more of the work.

Soliloquy 07-29-2017 02:13 PM

I'm doing a free trial of PlateJoy. It has some really nice features but I think I'm going to try Plan to Eat instead. One of the recipes called for 9 ozs of pine nuts. At my store that came to $17. I bought slivered almonds instead but I need my menus to be based in reality. :lol. If I do Plan to Eat I can Google cheap whole foods meals and plug things in.

I do love the PlateJoy app, though. It has an awesome grocery list feature that made shopping so much less stressful. And PlateJoy lets you select your dietary needs/restrictions, like many do, but it even included FODMAP.

Anyway, I'm finally moving on this. :lol

bananacake 07-29-2017 04:09 PM

Wow! How much is PlateJoy regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soliloquy 07-29-2017 04:47 PM

It's $79/year but you can get $20 off with a referral link.

I'm pretty certain I selected economical meal plans. Maybe I didn't. It kept offering me salmon. :no I selected "Never offer salmon." Then I didn't realize the menu I chose had $17 worth of pine nuts for one meal. Not my reality!

knitlove 07-29-2017 07:01 PM

I know this is a bit old but I just found the thread. And am greatly interested as I am starting at the start to the school year and trying to make thing doable to me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by greengirl19 (Post 6066070)
I did Real Plans for a few months last year. It was great for a menu planning site, I just discovered I'm not a online menu planner.

Could you explain what you mean by 'not a online menu planner'

I haven't ever done it before and have no idea if it would be a good for or not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gerberadaisy 07-29-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6097778)
I'm doing a free trial of PlateJoy. It has some really nice features but I think I'm going to try Plan to Eat instead. One of the recipes called for 9 ozs of pine nuts. At my store that came to $17. I bought slivered almonds instead but I need my menus to be based in reality. :lol. If I do Plan to Eat I can Google cheap whole foods meals and plug things in.

I do love the PlateJoy app, though. It has an awesome grocery list feature that made shopping so much less stressful. And PlateJoy lets you select your dietary needs/restrictions, like many do, but it even included FODMAP.

Anyway, I'm finally moving on this. :lol

whoa on the pine nuts....they are incredibly expensive! I loved Plan to Eat because you put in the recipes you like. I had it for over 2 years. I did cancel because I wasn't using it, but when I get back on track, I know they'll still have my recipes there so I won't be starting again from scratch.

greengirl19 08-07-2017 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6097817)
Could you explain what you mean by 'not a online menu planner'

I don't have a smartphone, so computer work is done at a desktop, which means I can't carry it with me to the store or on the kitchen counters so I ended up doing everything on a piece of paper anyways.