Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   displaying art with a Bible verse? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=527273)

esperanza 06-19-2019 01:31 PM

displaying art with a Bible verse?

We have a wall in our kitchen that I was thinking of using to display ds' art. We have a wire from IKEA in the basement that works well, and I was thinking of something similar (easy to trade out). Then I thought it might be cool to also have a saying/verse on the wall above it. I googled a little for Bible verses related to art (though I guess it really doesn't have to be about art). It just seems like it would make sense to have some kind of verse that relates to artwork. Everything I'm finding doesn't seem quite right.
Any ideas? Or things you have up in your kitchen? Even something about family would work, I'd think. Thinking of those vinyl letters. Those are easy to apply, right?

Aerynne 06-19-2019 02:14 PM

Re: displaying art with a Bible verse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by esperanza (Post 6183813)
We have a wall in our kitchen that I was thinking of using to display ds' art. We have a wire from IKEA in the basement that works well, and I was thinking of something similar (easy to trade out). Then I thought it might be cool to also have a saying/verse on the wall above it. I googled a little for Bible verses related to art (though I guess it really doesn't have to be about art). It just seems like it would make sense to have some kind of verse that relates to artwork. Everything I'm finding doesn't seem quite right.
Any ideas? Or things you have up in your kitchen? Even something about family would work, I'd think. Thinking of those vinyl letters. Those are easy to apply, right?

I would just do whatever you’re favorite verses are. One thing that looks cool is to have ds do wet on wet watercolor paintings (get watercolor paper very wet and have him paint on it). After it dries you can write a verse on it. It pretty much always looks good- kinda abstract and muted.

SewingGreenMama 06-19-2019 02:16 PM

A few of these might work.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...ut-creativity/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RiverRock 06-22-2019 06:52 AM

Here are a couple of my favourite verses:

How many are your works, Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number— living things both large and small. There the ships go to and fro, and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.
Psalm‬ 104:24-26‬ NIV‬‬

The Message calls the Leviathan a pet dragon. I like to think of it as a big, beautiful creature made to enjoy life and simply frolic. Art making can be very enjoyable for me, much like frolicking.