Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   mosquito allergy (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523823)

thankfulheart 09-21-2017 10:55 PM

mosquito allergy

My 10 year old his highly allergic to mosquitoes. The bites swell the 2nd day the worst, then they get a blister or multiple blisters and then leave a bruise after that. The swelling from just one bite can be pretty bad. Is there anything, maybe a vitamin, or something she could take that would make her less of a target for them? They LOVE her. I ask because my mom swears she's needing B vitamins and that's why she gets bit. We've tried so many kinds of repellent but she still gets chewed up. I'm almost ready to go back to the nasty deet. :( We just moved out into the country to take care of my grandma, who is almost 86, and there are a lot more mosquitoes here. Ugh.

MrsHutch 09-22-2017 06:15 AM

Re: mosquito allergy

I'm :cup for answers, because Big J also gets eaten alive by mosquitoes. His reaction isn't quite that bad but does swell up pretty big from them, and I've been worried about malaria once we move. Purification essential oil really helps the bites not get bad if I get it on him quickly enough.

knitlove 09-22-2017 07:26 AM

I gave up and do deet on wiggle work. Her bites swell up like that and if she gets more than 2 she will run a feaver foe 24 hours.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lavenlove 09-28-2017 05:05 AM

I would try a Vitamin B supplement. I was pregnant last summer when the talk of Zika was freaking everyone out, especially me! A friend told me that she and her daughter get eaten alive by mosquitoes, but that taking a Vitamin B supplement helped a lot. So I did that and I got maybe one or two bites the entire summer, and I usually get eaten up by them too. There's a repellent I used also, but I avoided DEET. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a0e9b8d876.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knitlove 09-28-2017 05:21 AM

I felt like the 'repell' stuff helped some when we are not in the woods. I left it in the car and it got too hot ( the bottle proofed all up) and stoped working.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MrsHutch 09-28-2017 06:10 AM

We use the Repel in the yard, but prefer the Natrapel brand repellent when we are hiking. Its active ingredient, picaridin, seems pretty safe and works well.