Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=139925)

waterbaby 11-17-2005 07:21 PM

EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

Laurie Boucke's (Author of Infant Potty Training) website for late starters: http://www.white-boucke.com/reviews/latestarters.html
Late Starters yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IPTLateStarters/

Late starter mamas post your tips!

Mods---can you make this a sticky please? There's always someone wanting to get info, tips, and resources for starting late. :rockon

thanks! :peace

AngelBee 11-27-2005 02:36 AM

Re: EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

Thank you for the links. :)

Angelo started sitting on the potty about a month ago. We have yet to pee or poop on the toliet, but he says "Yea!" every time he sits on it! :laughtears

Dana Joy 01-05-2006 04:52 PM

Is 15 months too late to start- will we now be early potty trainers instead of late ECers?

I'm going to explore those links- thanks

waterbaby 01-05-2006 05:56 PM

Nope! :rockon

Dana Joy 01-13-2006 08:28 AM

So we started and had our first catcth this morning- baby boy seems to only like to pee standing up- so on th eadvice of some friends we decided to use the shower- wippee it worked this morning!!! But trying to read the cues of a very active toddler is not easy!!!

waterbaby 01-14-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danalyn1972
So we started and had our first catcth this morning- baby boy seems to only like to pee standing up- so on th eadvice of some friends we decided to use the shower- wippee it worked this morning!!! But trying to read the cues of a very active toddler is not easy!!!

woo hoo! :tu wtg!
It'll get easier! :)

mamabeanbean 01-23-2006 08:04 PM

We've been EC since ds was 7 mo, and since he's been walking it's certainly been more of a challenge. One of his "new" cues is to run off someplace private, like behind the couch, to do his business. Good luck to everyone! (and congrats on your first catch :clap)

MaySunflowers 02-19-2006 02:32 AM

Hello!

I joined this forum specifically looking for other ladies doing EC.

My daughter is 10 1/2 months old and we just started doing EC 2 1/2 weeks ago. Its going so much better than I expected! I've been so enthusiastic about it. She managed to use her potty the very first day and we've managed to get her to use it every day anywhere from 1-3 times! I'm still not very good at figuring out when she is going to go, I just put her on the potty when she wakes up as that is usually the only time I can figure it out. I've tried to get her on it for a poop too but I can't move fast enough.

I've noticed, in this short time, how she has already become more upset when her diaper is wet. I was getting confused for a bit as she'd give the same annoyed cry as when she is tired but unwilling to sleep... but it wasn't anywhere near naptime. I finally figured out she was wet.

How do you go about figuring out your baby's signs that they are about to go?

brown eyed girl 02-26-2006 04:33 PM

With a 10 mo old there is a LOT to timing. About 10 min after waking up, after eating. Also, before we leave the house, before we transition to another activity....

And here's a BIG cue at my house....

any time Mama has to pee. :D

MaySunflowers 02-28-2006 03:19 AM

I was wondering if I should be sitting her on the potty more often or not. I was worried that if she sat on it too often she'd stop liking it. But, maybe it would help.

Thanks for the advice, I will try and get her on it more often. I was also thinking of maybe starting a log of when I change wet diapers and then I might get an idea of when might be the best time to sit her on the potty.

arwen_tiw 02-28-2006 03:48 AM

Hello. :mrgreen Just thought I'd give a little wave and welcome you to GCM, lol. Nice to see you here. :tu

MaySunflowers 02-28-2006 05:49 AM

Oh hi! I wondered if you'd have the same name or not. I decided I wanted a new name, got bored of the other one.

olivegod2 03-04-2006 01:14 AM

Thanks for the links! They are quite helpful. WE started eC with dd at 11.5 months when I first heard of it.

Dana Joy 03-05-2006 06:43 PM

So for the last couple of months we've ec'd when at home. Basically let baby boy (now 17 months) run around nekkie- and we taught him the word peepee when he went and caught his poos (he's really regular) for the last month. Well I finally got around to buying him two baby bjorn pottys- and he loves them. he is now requesting to be nekkie so he can sit and he pees on them alot. when he runs around nekkie he hasn't peed on the floor since he got them. Now he still pees and poos in his diaper and it really doesn't bother him. So I'm wondering what the next step is.
Do we just be happy with our nekkie success and keep it as it is. Dipes while out and sleeping- nekkie when home?
Or do we start trying to put some kinda underwear on him and teach him how to pull it up and down?

olivegod2 03-05-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Piadosa
So for the last couple of months we've ec'd when at home. Basically let baby boy (now 17 months) run around nekkie- and we taught him the word peepee when he went and caught his poos (he's really regular) for the last month. Well I finally got around to buying him two baby bjorn pottys- and he loves them. he is now requesting to be nekkie so he can sit and he pees on them alot. when he runs around nekkie he hasn't peed on the floor since he got them. Now he still pees and poos in his diaper and it really doesn't bother him. So I'm wondering what the next step is.
Do we just be happy with our nekkie success and keep it as it is. Dipes while out and sleeping- nekkie when home?
Or do we start trying to put some kinda underwear on him and teach him how to pull it up and down?

Did you use a pot when you started EC? How does the baby bjorn differ in the other potties?