Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Hemmorrhoids (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=512599)

Beth1231 03-12-2015 08:58 PM

Hemmorrhoids

Lovely.
Even the word is unpleasant to look at and spell. But if you have suffered this crazy-awful, stomach twists in knots from the fear of having to poop situation.....and especially if you have found something that helps with the pain and makes em shrink.....I really am desperate for help. Preparation H, full strength or whatever it's called is just temporary relief.

I pushed for eight hours to get my little sunny side up, nine pounder outta this body. That was nearly 18 mo ago! And my bum has never been the same. I take stool softeners weekly. And if I decide to eat a lot of meat and cheese, then Look Out, here comes the agony and I end up popping those stool softeners daily. Twice daily. And I then I lay off the meat and cheese again.

Am I seriously going to live like this for the rest of my life? No matter what I eat or what I do, if it's time for my body to do its thing, its pain, pain pain as I'm running to the nearest toilet to get rid of the pain.

:sigh
:help:pray4

Chaos Coordinator 03-12-2015 09:15 PM

Re: Hemmorrhoids

Kegels, not straining, core strength work, witch hazel pads...those are the things that help me.

Amythestmama 03-12-2015 10:15 PM

Are you pooping regularly? Three times a day at least? Constipation makes it worse and while some people think constipation means not going for a day or two, really it can be constipation if you are going 1-3 times a day. Personally, I'd try a mild laxative to help get into going more often.(since I'm not looking at a bottle of stool softener right now, I don't know if it has the same things has a laxative.) Sitz baths with epsom salt or if you want, get the Earth Mama witch hazel pads that you place on a pad and wear or take a bath with.:shrug3

bananacake 03-13-2015 02:15 AM

Green smoothies!

ForHim 03-13-2015 02:54 AM

Witch hazel pads, and getting a step/stool. I leaned forward as well so that shoulders were between my knees. I know that is graphic :). If they are external, push them back.

AugustMama 03-13-2015 05:45 AM

Earth Mama Angel Baby Mama Bottom Balm. It is a long name I know but this stuff worked much better than Prep H for me.

marbles 03-13-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Coordinator (Post 5896903)
Kegels, not straining, core strength work, witch hazel pads...those are the things that help me.

Agree. Plus I found using a squatty potty helps. Now I went all the way and started using an on the floor potty, but putting a low stool up to the toilet helps too.

MaySunflowers 03-13-2015 07:25 AM

People can be genetically prone to Hemorrhoids, it is a similar phenomenon as varicose veins and sometimes not related to toileting difficulties.

For me personally, changing toilet paper is what helped the most. I found that the brands of toilet paper I was using caused more irritation that caused more issues. Finding the right one has made all the difference in the world. Unfortunately, I am quite sure I am on the genetically prone side. :-/

Beth1231 03-13-2015 09:21 AM

I am so relieved to see I'm not the only one who has suffered. Seriously.
Thank you for a great list!
Sometimes I put my feet up on a step stool. And I've done lots of baths.
The rest,I haven't tried.
I mostly just try to avoid large quantities of meat or cheese,drink water and take softeners. It is so very time to try other stuff.
BMs hurt for a year after A was born. No problems with C.This time is way worse. Waaaay worse.

mom23sons 03-13-2015 12:57 PM

First I would take stool softeners every day to keep them soft. Use baby wipes, tucks or something soothing instead of toilet paper. You want soft regular BM's, not loose stool. I think loose stool is more irritating to an already inflamed area.

ECingMama 03-09-2018 03:41 PM

bump!

friend said tea tree oil and oil of oregano oil and aloe

those all sound like a bad idea to me

already doing squatty potty and baths

stooling more than once a day

mamacat 03-09-2018 05:51 PM

I have had healing using pure aloe vera gel and liquid bentonite clay

ECingMama 03-09-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacat (Post 6132426)
I have had healing using pure aloe vera gel and liquid bentonite clay

thanks!

Quiteria 03-09-2018 10:11 PM

Aloe might be soothing, but I cannot imagine how tea tree or oil of oregano would even remotely help. I think you would cause a lot of damage with either of those.

Beth1231 03-10-2018 06:22 AM

What a thread to come up from the grave! :lol
My go-tos are liquid chlorophyll and calcium magnesium.