Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Link to the where you are politically quiz (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=528955)

MudPies 09-19-2020 12:47 PM

Link to the where you are politically quiz

I cannot find it. It was a quiz someone linked and it showed on a grid left/right and liberal/cons. Anyone have the link?

Vipers_Princess 09-19-2020 12:59 PM

Re: Link to the where you are politically quiz

https://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz is the most popular and most accurate

sweetpeasmommy 09-19-2020 01:24 PM

I think this is the one you are thinking of https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soliloquy 09-19-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy (Post 6231615)
I think this is the one you are thinking of https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The free printable certificate you can get after the quiz is pretty fun to look at.

ShiriChayim 09-20-2020 05:00 PM

I am legitimately terrible at these, lol! “Do you agree or disagree...?” Me-? Look are you asking me if this is how it IS or if this is how it SHOULD be, because the answers to those questions are polar opposites and I don’t want to get credit for the wrong one :snooty :lol

knitlove 09-20-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiriChayim (Post 6231691)
I am legitimately terrible at these, lol! “Do you agree or disagree...?” Me-? Look are you asking me if this is how it IS or if this is how it SHOULD be, because the answers to those questions are polar opposites and I don’t want to get credit for the wrong one :snooty [emoji38]

Yes!!

I find things like this ridiculously hard.

When dealing with the world as it is now? Or in an ideal if I could run everything? Yes I agree with that statement but it the 12 other things you are assuming goes along with it it! Sometimes but not all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Elibellamiah 09-20-2020 07:27 PM

I can't answer these questions either, and I don't know where I stand politically. I have friends on both sides literally telling me that democracy and freedom and America as we know it are going to end if their side doesn't win this election. :nails

knitlove 09-20-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elibellamiah (Post 6231702)
I can't answer these questions either, and I don't know where I stand politically. I have friends on both sides literally telling me that democracy and freedom and America as we know it are going to end if their side doesn't win this election. :nails

Yes!

Soliloquy 09-20-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elibellamiah (Post 6231702)

People have been saying that for 200 hundred years. In "The First Four Years" Laura gets a great deal on a flock of sheep because her neighbor was convinced the economy was ruined because of which party just won the presidency.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6231694)
Yes!!

I find things like this ridiculously hard.

When dealing with the world as it is now? Or in an ideal if I could run everything? Yes I agree with that statement but it the 12 other things you are assuming goes along with it it! Sometimes but not all the time.

You are supposed to answer based on your personal worldview of how you believe things should be. It's still hard but I hope that helps.

knitlove 09-20-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6231708)
People have been saying that for 200 hundred years. In "The First Four Years" Laura gets a great deal on a flock of sheep because her neighbor was convinced the economy was ruined because of which party just won the presidency.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

You are supposed to answer based on your personal worldview of how you believe things should be. It's still hard but I hope that helps.

But should be in relation to reality that is actually hear or ideally because thoes are very very different things.

Soliloquy 09-20-2020 09:20 PM

Ideally.

Although I answer the questions pragmatically. Some cats are out of the bag; so what's my ideal knowing that cat isn't going back in? But I still refer back to my ideal, too.

backtobasicsmum 09-20-2020 09:29 PM

That was really interesting, thanks!

arelyn 09-23-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudPies (Post 6231612)
I cannot find it. It was a quiz someone linked and it showed on a grid left/right and liberal/cons. Anyone have the link?

Great minds! I was just wondering where to find this. Thanks!

And as usual I agree least with the two major parties and agree with no one more than 65%. Here's to voting third party again (I'm not in a swing state so :shrug3)

JoannaV 09-23-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy (Post 6231615)

Ooh, that's cool, I hadn't seen that one before. I often have trouble answering questions, but I actually did fine with that one! Didn't know where I would end up, but turns out I am completely opposite the presidential candidate I'll be voting for (plus the one I'm not voting for). But in the same spot as the leader of the party whom I supported in the most recent couple of European Parliament elections.

My isidewith answers were way more polarized than I remember from the past. Answering all the questions (as opposed to just the initial ones they get you to answer) reduced my gap between the two main parties from 90% to 67%. :shifty
I feel like it was maybe less accurate than in years past though? (Not that I deny being in a more polarized position now.) For one, it had my zip code but put me in my old congressional district, that is now nowhere near me (or my zip code) since the boundaries changed in 2016.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6231708)

True. There is always something that seems so new and different, yet simultaneously when you dive into any past period you find so many similarities.

twoplustwo 09-24-2020 04:16 AM

I am taking one of the linked ones now. I, too, fall in between and not in line with either of the major parties.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I say this ALL the time. I said it this past weekend. Except I am referring to spiders when I say it so passionately. Does it also apply to politics for me? What are they referring to here? I am not sure I feel this way politically but love this phrase in terms of my feelings on spiders.

In more seriousness. Sometimes I just don't know enough about the topic and it's implications to be sure where I exactly stand on it. Or feel both sides have merit.

eta: I am still almost in the middle

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26