Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=421)
-   -   Hate to cause conflict with my church ladies. (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=442918)

gentletitus2mama 03-12-2012 10:27 AM

Re: Hate to cause conflict with my church ladies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengokujin (Post 4514109)
Your board your post. They can hide it from view if it bothers them. I do this regularly!:lol

yep that's what I told her very nicely. she told me that I need to take it off because it's divisive and makes moms feel guilty. And I just told her that if it bothers her she can hide it from her newsfeed :)

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyMonsterMommy (Post 4514151)
Ooooohhhhhhhh!!!! I thought YOU were recommending an "app." I was like I WANT THAT!

:lol Sorry about that capitalization probably would have helped with that..:shifty

ThreeKids 03-12-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gentletitus2mama (Post 4514282)
and makes moms feel guilty.

but what about compassion for the moms who feel guilty about not following their heart, but all they've ever heard was scheduling recommendations?

you are not posting to badger the obstinate, but to reach the people who will benefit to hear it

Ajani 03-12-2012 10:40 AM

I think my next post would be one of my favourite quotes...
"Offense is taken, not given. Practice portion control."

BabyMonsterMommy 03-12-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

:lol Sorry about that capitalization probably would have helped with that..:shifty

Me + reading comprehension * today:yawn = :td :sillygrin

NutellaLover 03-12-2012 12:40 PM

What did you post from the AAP? I am just curious. It is your wall, so I wouldn't take it down. It's not like you tagged the lady in your post or something.

mwwr 03-12-2012 01:26 PM

Sounds like they are insecure in *their* parenting decisions. Which is not something you have any control over. :no2

Domina 03-12-2012 01:41 PM

Ah, it's nice of you to be concerned, but you really aren't causing conflict. :hug

You're posting valuable information, which other people can choose to use in their lives, or not. It's no different than posting information about other nutrition or safety-related topics.

Should you avoid posting about exercise, because this makes non-exercisers feel guilty? Of course not.

Surprised she had the nerve to ask you that. I like Reedle's metaphor about your FB page being like your house - you can put anything on the walls that you like. If others are offended, they don't need to visit.

tigerlily 03-12-2012 01:48 PM

:hug

It's really hard for me to feel like people are upset with me because of something I've posted.:yes

But at the same time, if it's important to me, I do it anyway -- you can always let them know this is just one of those things you'll have to "agree to disagree" on. ;)

Lily 03-12-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acjj606 (Post 4514531)
What did you post from the AAP? I am just curious. It is your wall, so I wouldn't take it down. It's not like you tagged the lady in your post or something.

I think it was the AAP recommendation against babywise.

BarefootBetsy 03-12-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

yep that's what I told her very nicely. she told me that I need to take it off because it's divisive and makes moms feel guilty. And I just told her that if it bothers her she can hide it from her newsfeed :)

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one who has had church ladies accusing her of being divisive :hug A friend of mine dealt with a similar FB issue a couple of years ago :sigh

I just tend to not post many links on FB because I don't like drama :shifty :blush

gentletitus2mama 03-12-2012 04:33 PM

I tried to tell my story about my experience and then just leave it to agree to disagree but instead they are replying that obviously my problems with it were due to other things not Babywise and oh by the way, watch out for that research cause it's probably not biblical. Ummm, oooookay. I don't think it would even be productive to answer back. One of my other friends though did reply and add some good imput so that was helpful. It may or may not drive me crazy when I have done years of research on a topic only to be dismissed as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.... I suppose that's prideful but argh..lol *deep breath* One of my research papers I worked on to submit to my teacher she suggested I expand it into a book. I talked about how the treatment of the youngest members of a society reflects on the society in general and how we've come to where we are as an American society... anyway. :P~

ThreeKids 03-12-2012 04:42 PM

How could there be biblical research for something that is not addressed in the Bible? Are they saying Babywise is based on biblical research?

Kiara.I 03-12-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeKids (Post 4514954)
How could there be biblical research for something that is not addressed in the Bible? Are they saying Babywise is based on biblical research?

Well, they probably think it is. :sigh

gentletitus2mama 03-12-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiara.I (Post 4514970)
Well, they probably think it is. :sigh

Yeah, I don't think they are receptive to anything I have to say right now, so I am just leaving it be. I have gone back and forth with other adamant ezzo followers before just not people that I was in playgroup with....:shifty If I choose to go tomorrow it could be interesting....

Llee 03-12-2012 05:25 PM

I mean, it does have the words "wise" and "baby" in it and so does the Bible. Must be biblical.