Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=418)
-   -   sudden bedwetting? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=445488)

delightedmama 04-08-2012 05:47 AM

sudden bedwetting?

My DD is just over 2 but on her own stopped wetting diapers at night about 2 months ago. We still put her in a diaper "just in case," and she's peed about two nights in the last two months... until this week.

We just arrived in the U.S. (we live in China) and are staying at my in-laws'. Except for the first night after we flew in, DD has soaked the bed (even with double-linered diapers plus waterproof training pants) several times every night. I know there are things during the day I could look out for to see (drinking milk before bed comes to mind), but just about EVERYTHING has changed in her little world - diet, time zone, daily routine! We did stop giving her milk after dinner (she had been asking for it since milk is always available here) but no change. She seems a bit constipated to me - only one tiny formed poop every other day.

What else should I look for in troubleshooting this one? It's making our nighttimes exhausting and DH is out of town for a week (I'm pregnant) or I'd probably just wait it out :)

Thanks!!

Katigre 04-08-2012 06:08 AM

Re: sudden bedwetting?

The first thought that came to mind was constipation :yes. I would guess that it is contributing a significant amount to the nighttime wetting - http://children.webmd.com/news/20120...use-bedwetting

I would also reduce her milk intake as that can cause constipation in some kids (it does for my DD).

Rugayatu 04-11-2012 10:25 AM

Constipation came to mind here too.

Also, with the time change from China, perhaps her little body is just flip-flopped on when she should be peeing? Has she been peeing less during the day?

delightedmama 04-12-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugayatu (Post 4567786)
Constipation came to mind here too.

Also, with the time change from China, perhaps her little body is just flip-flopped on when she should be peeing? Has she been peeing less during the day?

I thought of that, but she pees every 2 hrs all day. Her bowel movements are relatively soft and regular now but she's still peeing a good bit at night. She lost her obsession with drinking milk all the time once the novelty wore off after a few days. Not sure what else to try or if I should just watch and wait...

Barefoot Bookworm 04-12-2012 09:33 AM

A big change can trigger it. My four year old (three at the time) stopped being dry overnight when her brother was born. She was dry for months before he was born and then BAM, peeing again.