Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Homemade Popsicle stain in carpet (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=501835)

Carini 04-02-2014 05:41 AM

Homemade Popsicle stain in carpet

What would you use to get a homemade strawberry Popsicle stain (strawberries and juice) out of carpet? The stain is vomit. :bag

I have an upright carpet cleaner which I used along with some spray carpet cleaner I had called Foley. But the stain is still visible. Any solutions? I'm willing to go uncrunchy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerberadaisy 04-02-2014 05:49 AM

Re: Homemade Popsicle stain in carpet

I've used a product called Wine Away on many stains. Even berry stains a week or two later. It removed almost every stain I've thrown at it except tea. It might be worth a try. You can buy it on Amazon. There are other places to buy but I'm not familiar with most so don't know if any are local to you.

Carini 04-02-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerberadaisy (Post 5715324)
I've used a product called Wine Away on many stains. Even berry stains a week or two later. It removed almost every stain I've thrown at it except tea. It might be worth a try. You can buy it on Amazon. There are other places to buy but I'm not familiar with most so don't know if any are local to you.

Ooo..neat. Never heard of it. They also have Red Stain remover - like, for kids stains. :giggle Maybe I'll try that.

http://www.wineaway.com/page/category/RED.html

Aerynne 04-02-2014 06:47 AM

I'd try peroxide, but it might bleach the carpet so test an inconspicuous area or a scrap first.

houseforjoy 04-02-2014 09:57 AM

what kind of carpet do you have? i have had really good success with a scoop of oxyclean sprinkled over the stain and then pouring vinegar over it. you let it sit for 10-15 min and then scrub with hot water. i have only used it on neutral colored carpet tho.

solatido 04-02-2014 11:36 AM

If that doesn't work you can try my little spot steam cleaner. It has a deep clean attachment that got a 3 day old red wine stain out of pale carpet :rockon

I just need to clean out the attachments first :bag

Carini 04-02-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseforjoy (Post 5715525)
what kind of carpet do you have? i have had really good success with a scoop of oxyclean sprinkled over the stain and then pouring vinegar over it. you let it sit for 10-15 min and then scrub with hot water. i have only used it on neutral colored carpet tho.

It's a neutral..I forget what kind. I'll try that since I have both lying around.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by solatido (Post 5715662)
If that doesn't work you can try my little spot steam cleaner. It has a deep clean attachment that got a 3 day old red wine stain out of pale carpet :rockon

I just need to clean out the attachments first :bag

Awesome! Thanks! Hopefully the oxy and vinegar will work.

What brand of steam cleaner do you have? I have that huge upright but it isn't steam and it didn't do a great job on the spot. It's more for like overall carpet cleaning I guess - like doing a huge room.

backtobasicsmum 04-02-2014 11:53 AM

Try a mr. Clean magic eraser. Use it in more of an up and down blotting motion and rinse it often, but I use it for all my stains. :yes

Carini 04-02-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backtobasicsmum (Post 5715690)
Try a mr. Clean magic eraser. Use it in more of an up and down blotting motion and rinse it often, but I use it for all my stains. :yes

Never thought of that! I'll try that too. Thanks!

Sparrow 04-02-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backtobasicsmum (Post 5715690)

Yup. My neighbour's dog got into the easter chocolate on WHITE carpet (who had white carpet with pets and kids?). Got it out like a charm! FWIW, it also takes sharpies off the wall w/o taking the paint with it

solatido 04-02-2014 12:13 PM

It is a Bissell spotclean. It fits under a kitchen sink and doesn't do much at a time but it sure mae the cat's corner smell a lot better!!!!