Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Path of Totality... (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=523590)

CelticJourney 08-20-2017 12:04 PM

Path of Totality...

Anyone else in it? I'm about a mile from the eqi-center of the path in South Carolina. People are losing their minds. One fueling service at the airport has over a hundred planes booked for refuel tomorrow morning. People will hang out at the airport to view the eclipse and then fly right back out.:hunh

I hope its wonderful, but it's kinda like Christmas. Something to look forward to, but I'll be glad when it's done and people get back to normal.

passthemanna 08-20-2017 12:09 PM

Re: Path of Totality...

Just on the edge of the path here. Doesn't see too crazy here.

HomeWithMyBabies 08-20-2017 12:38 PM

I'm pretty far out from the line but we're hoping to catch what we can of it. The weather is supposed to cooperate. :tu

MegMarch 08-20-2017 12:39 PM

I drove a couple of hours to stay with my in-laws whose home is in the path. I'm excited!

Singingmom 08-20-2017 12:59 PM

We are very near the path here in NC. Our city is expecting "millions" of visitors! There are signs on the freeways warning about "eclipse traffic" on Monday. I hope the roads won't be too jammed!
I scored eclipse glasses at a rest area back in February when we were traveling through IL and the county was already advertising all the fun things to do while you're there to watch the eclipse.

CelticJourney 08-20-2017 01:24 PM

Traffic is apparently a nightmare out there. Most of us are home until tomorrow evening. Dh has to work of course. Dd2 has to work but only from 9-11 and can take back roads to where she need to be. I'll be happy once she is home.

Mother of Sons 08-20-2017 01:25 PM

I think im the only person who doesn't care. I'm not planning to watch it.

CelticJourney 08-20-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of Sons (Post 6101918)
I think im the only person who doesn't care. I'm not planning to watch it.

I'm actually not sure how much I 'care'. It kinda came to me rather than me going to it. But deal with it I must....and try to enjoy it.

Lady Grey 08-20-2017 01:29 PM

We considered making a quick drive up to Missouri for a better view but with the traffic I'm kind of glad we didn't.

Aerynne 08-20-2017 01:31 PM

We considered it but with a new baby who hates the car seat it's just not a good option. I even tried looking into trains, busses, etc, but nothing was working out. We'll get 90%.

ECingMama 08-20-2017 01:32 PM

We just made the boy scouts viewing box where you stand with back to sun.

Lena O. 08-20-2017 01:36 PM

We are. We've been reading about eclipses for science class the last few days and plan to watch it. The weather guy says we should be good to go.

They were even giving out glasses at the church we visited today because they are taking the school kids out to the playground tomorrow to watch.

graciousmomma 08-20-2017 01:53 PM

We are about 2 hours from the path of totality, but it's supposed to be 96% complete eclipse where we live. I was very tempted to drive the couple of hours, but my husband wasn't too fond of that idea because he thinks it will be a mad house. Plus, we should get a pretty good view from here anyhow. Eclipse glasses have been sold out around here for almost two weeks now. It wasn't even on my radar to get any until they were sold out.

marbles 08-20-2017 02:15 PM

We are very close, so we are driving on back roads to a friend's house to watch. I've never seen one, I'm excited!

Aerynne 08-20-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciousmomma (Post 6101926)
We are about 2 hours from the path of totality, but it's supposed to be 96% complete eclipse where we live. I was very tempted to drive the couple of hours, but my husband wasn't too fond of that idea because he thinks it will be a mad house. Plus, we should get a pretty good view from here anyhow. Eclipse glasses have been sold out around here for almost two weeks now. It wasn't even on my radar to get any until they were sold out.

We got some but now people are selling the cheap $2 cardboard ones for $20 and people are buying!