Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   What are you eating in September? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=528916)

mummy2boys 09-04-2020 06:58 PM

What are you eating in September?

New month...new thread :)

Last night we has a meatball pasta bake (new recipe) and it was delicious. The kids want to eat the leftovers for lunch today, so there goes my idea of saving it for another meal

Tonight I think will be "make what you like". I went shopping yesterday so there is plenty of everything.

The Tickle Momster 09-04-2020 07:41 PM

Re: What are you eating in September?

Tonight I made stuffed zucchini and roasted potatoes.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Beth1231 09-04-2020 07:50 PM

Pierogies

knitlove 09-04-2020 08:22 PM

The things I have left on the menue this week ( dh picked up food tonight) hamburgers with french fries, chickpea curry with naan, tuna fish, salid with pepperoni.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Vicki_T 09-05-2020 01:08 AM

Last night we had a vegetable stew with dumplings and it was delicious - just right for the time of year. The dumplings had feta in, which really added to the flavour.

Saturday nights we normally take it in turns to choose something a bit junk-y, so dd2 has chosen hotdogs. That will balance out all of yesterday’s vegetables :lol

Lady Grey 09-05-2020 11:46 AM

I dumped some chicken breasts in the crockpot with green salsa. Brown rice and some sort of veggies for sides.

heartofjoy 09-05-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicki_T (Post 6230177)
Last night we had a vegetable stew with dumplings and it was delicious - just right for the time of year. The dumplings had feta in, which really added to the flavour.

Saturday nights we normally take it in turns to choose something a bit junk-y, so dd2 has chosen hotdogs. That will balance out all of yesterday’s vegetables [emoji38]

I do a vegetable stew with dumplings. I put dill in them. So good! Feta sounds interesting!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

twoplustwo 09-05-2020 12:34 PM

I haven't finished the grocery list nor shopped. Today may be fend for yourself or maybe eat some freezer food. I have veggie burgers and fish sticks and all kinds of leftover freezer foods. Maybe today will be help mom clean out the freezer. :think

mummy2boys 09-13-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth1231 (Post 6230163)
Pierogies

I've never heard of these :shrug3 can you tell me what they are?

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Tonight will be oven baked tomato and chicken risotto.

ViolaMum 09-13-2020 06:34 PM

Homemade pizza tonight. I made the crust, dh did the toppings.

The Tickle Momster 09-13-2020 07:03 PM

Last night was twice baked potato casserole. The taters fell apart when I tries to scoop them out. :doh

Tonight is frittata. Sauteed peppers, green onion, mushrooms & garlic with salmon & bacon mixed with rice & eggs and baked. Yummy.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

twoplustwo 09-14-2020 08:29 AM

For this week I have "not cooking" on the menu.

Dd has a soccer game Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. We drive the soccer carpool for ds Tuesday. Then ds has a tournament this weekend.

Tonight is leftover Pad Thai and/or Vegan Turkey (the country not the meat so thats not a contradiction) lentil soup that is so so so amazing from this weekend.

I also have left over chicken breasts that omnivores can add to the pad thai or put bbq sauce on. And I took out the LAST of the muffins from the freezer (remember when I was making 48 muffins a week during the shelter in place?) so those will be available too.

Once all that is gone the rest of the week I have spinach wraps and hummus, dh is picking up some fresh produce and pretzels rolls today so people can do wraps or sandwiches or veggies burgers on their own. It will kind of be a free for all. I will make salads and either wraps or frozen eggs rolls or something in a thermos for lunches every day but no dinners. They will buy at school 1 day too. I don't know. No one will starve though. :D

charla 09-14-2020 09:45 AM

Tonight I'm going to try a new recipe: roasted red pepper pasta and add a salad and corn.

Mother of Sons 09-14-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mummy2boys (Post 6231095)
I've never heard of these :shrug3 can you tell me what they are?

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Tonight will be oven baked tomato and chicken risotto.

:jawdrop I’m not the person who mentioned them but pierogis are a huge family favorite here. Basically they are delicious mashed potatoes (ours have cheese, garlic and Carmelized onion too) wrapped inside a pasta wrapper similar to a dumpling. We boil them and then quickly pan fry them. A little salt and then gobble them up with sour cream. YUM

Since I hardly ever have to cook any more because dd cooks all her own meals. I’ve been eating a lot of garlic chives, daikon radish and cabbage with a bit of chicken for most of my meals.

charla 09-15-2020 08:42 PM

Tilapia with spinach mushroom cream sauce, wild rice pilaf, asparagus