Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Gf df meal ideas for fussy eating kid (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=522372)

Maleldil's daughter 03-24-2017 02:52 PM

Re: Gf df meal ideas for fussy eating kid

I've seen that with natural pb stored at too high a temp - maybe it got left in a hot place while being shipped or warehoused.

milkmommy 03-24-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maleldil's daughter (Post 6075291)
I've seen that with natural pb stored at too high a temp - maybe it got left in a hot place while being shipped or warehoused.

Oh that vould deffiently be a possibility here.

ValiantJoy07 03-24-2017 08:32 PM

My go to perfect every time muffins

2eggs
1cup refined coconut oil
2cups mashed banana *OR* applesauce
1 T cinnamon
1/2-2/3c sugar (if making banana muffins, and bananas are ripe, you can get away with half a cup)
4tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1 2/3 cup rice flour
1 1/3 cup starch
Mix wet ingredients add dry mix well.
For variation fold in a cup of blueberries or cup of chopped cranberries and 1/4 golden raisins before dishing into muffin tins.
Bake 365 degrees for 20-25minutes a tsp ginger and a sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar on top is yummy too! My kids love these.
Makes 24 muffins.

Quiteria 03-25-2017 05:52 AM

Our gluten-laden favorites are black bean brownies and pumpkin quick bread...both are very dense with the bean or veggie puree but the acceptable bread texture we need. If anyone has gf versions perhaps? Pb on pumpkin bread tastes good, and nutbutter is good on brownies.

bananacake 03-25-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiteria (Post 6075373)
Our gluten-laden favorites are black bean brownies and pumpkin quick bread...both are very dense with the bean or veggie puree but the acceptable bread texture we need. If anyone has gf versions perhaps? Pb on pumpkin bread tastes good, and nutbutter is good on brownies.

I thought black bean brownies are naturally GF :scratch I've never seen a recipe with flour :shrug

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Flourless Black Bean Brownies

Quiteria 03-25-2017 08:42 AM

:doh That's right! I think I did try one recipe with flour, and it wasn't as good as the original.

It's been a long time since I've gotten out the blender to make them. :blush

Dovenoir 03-27-2017 07:21 AM

Chocolate covered Katie's blog has a number of gf df and vegan recipes that are quite filling. I did the brownies, blondies and something else....loved all of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

milkmommy 04-04-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmommy (Post 6075198)
somewhat off topic but we lean towards using regular peanut butter over like almond ect because we dont have any allergies and my kids prefer the taste. Not my hill to die on.. etc. I ALWAYS buy the smuckers all natural if I can't then Laura Scudder's.. I decided to try and save and ended up with a store brands version. Its just peanuts and salt so label wise it is fine. The stuff is soooooo liquid. I stirred its been in the fridge but I can still pour the stuff out. :sick Its also got this strange color.. Like normal natural PB has a kind of gritty look and a umm peanut color. This stuff looks way too smooth and almost orange.
While I hate waste I'm really tempted to tos this jar and go back to what I know.
(its a kroger brand jar if it matters) http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=p...1-84A2E5FCDE43

well update I think it was just a fluke jar we did eventually go through the one above and I since bought another jar to see. This one is fine its smooth but not like the runny mess the previous jar was.

2sunshines 04-05-2017 01:54 AM

Great update! Kroger is totally our staple in natural pb. So affordable and I love that there is no added sugar. :rockon

mamacat 04-05-2017 05:12 AM

If she will eat eggs those egg and banana pancakes are very good. You can also try making banana ice cream with a blender or food processor and yu can add peanut butter powder or whatever you like http://www.food.com/recipe/2-ingredi...ancakes-501408
https://blog.thatcleanlife.com/one-i...ana-ice-cream/