Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   INSTANT POT owners! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=518933)

2sunshines 05-03-2016 02:01 AM

INSTANT POT owners!

Everyone who owns an instant pot: what are your reviews now? Do you still love it? Use it regularly? Or have you found that you don't use it as much as you thought you would?

I am considering but interested to hear from those who already own. :think

backtobasicsmum 05-03-2016 06:36 AM

Re: INSTANT POT owners!

Still use it. Still love it. Still recommend it! :) :yes. I guess I use it 3-4 times a week. It might be more frequent in the winter and decrease slightly this summer, as our eating shifts slightly for the weather.

The Tickle Momster 05-03-2016 06:48 AM

:cup

DahliaRW 05-03-2016 08:16 AM

I use mine ALL the time. I've used it 5x last week. 1) to cook marinated chicken breasts from frozen, 2) to cook rice (I cook a huge amount and freeze in portions that are enough for one meal for my family), 3) to set steel cut oats to soak the night before and have them start and cook automatically in the morning, 4) to slow cook a meatloaf, 5) to make hard boiled eggs. It's a life saver!

Maedchen 05-03-2016 08:31 PM

I am still investigating. I would like to know for those that have a pot,did you get rid of your crockpot?

ECingMama 05-03-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maedchen (Post 6010101)
I am still investigating. I would like to know for those that have a pot,did you get rid of your crockpot?

I LOVE my IP. Couldn't live without it. Use it daily. Sometimes 3X a day!!!

Nope. I also love my crock. I like my bone broth better from the crock.

DahliaRW 05-03-2016 09:54 PM

I still use my crockpot. It's bigger. But also, I can have something going in that AND in the IP at the same time!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Soliloquy 05-03-2016 10:35 PM

I still use mine and still love it.

I was never a big crock pot user, I still am not. I put mine into a storage closet. I keep it for entertaining.

2sunshines 05-04-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6010120)
I still use mine and still love it.

I was never a big crock pot user, I still am not. I put mine into a storage closet. I keep it for entertaining.

That's good to know because one of my considerations was that I'm not a big crock pot user. I don't love the consistency of meat in the crock pot (unless I'm going for shredded meat) so I truthfully only use it for a select few items *(bone broth, cooking dried beans, steel cut oatmeal). So I wasn't sure if the IP would produce similar results as the crock pot.

blessedwithboys 05-04-2016 07:15 AM

I never do bone broth in the crockpot anymore. The IP yields the same results without my house smelling like bone broth for 24 hours. Dried beans are also always IP now.

backtobasicsmum 05-04-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maedchen (Post 6010101)

My crock pot died, which is why I purchased my IP. I don't need both.

greengirl19 05-04-2016 10:23 AM

I've had mine for about a month now. I got it because my crock pot broke and this seemed like the obvious way to go, all my friends have and love theirs. I've used it about once a week. I would use it more but I do find it hard to clean. I've made short ribs - a recipe that normally takes all afternoon in less than a hour - that were amazing. Bone broth in an afternoon instead of a day+. I got a really good deal on it. But I'm not using it for dinner several times a week.

Lady Grey 05-04-2016 11:36 AM

I got mine right after Christmas and I will confess that it's had a bit of a learning curve for me. I haven't touched mine in weeks but we've been dealing with sickness etc and haven't cooked much.

I still use and like my crockpot. So far the IP has been more useful for food prep type tasks - hb eggs, rice, sweet potatoes etc...

Soliloquy 05-04-2016 12:30 PM

I will never make rice on the stove again.

I don't like crock pot meals because everything seems so watery and bland, no matter how much I season it. I don't have that issue with the IP.

I haven't done many IP recipes, per se, mostly rice, oatmeal, broth, hard boiled eggs, sloppy Joes, marinara with ground beef, etc. But my cooking time is focused on efficiency right now, not new recipes.

I love IP broth!

HuggaBuggaMommy 05-04-2016 01:18 PM

I probably use my IP once a week, maybe twice. I guess I just don't cook a lot of "instant pot-y" things. :shrug I was never really a slow cooker user.