Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=416)
-   -   A radical idea - viewing kids as babies till 5 (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=271358)

Meadowlark 12-31-2017 10:40 AM

Re: A radical idea - viewing kids as babies till 5

This is not the right thread to post this question, but perhaps someone will see it anyway. I was reading through some of the comments because I really appreciate the idea of thinking of my baby as a baby and not having too high of expectations until she's 5 (she's 10 months) and this thought has crossed my mind a few times since I first read the original post a long time ago. My question is: Where do new members post the most to get their first 10 posts? This is the reason why I haven't posted on this site before. I get so confused with the combination of the coloration and format of this site and then everywhere I click to try and post on one of the public forums, it seems like people haven't posted there in years. What am I overlooking? :scratch

ECingMama 12-31-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadowlark (Post 6122816)
This is not the right thread to post this question, but perhaps someone will see it anyway. I was reading through some of the comments because I really appreciate the idea of thinking of my baby as a baby and not having too high of expectations until she's 5 (she's 10 months) and this thought has crossed my mind a few times since I first read the original post a long time ago. My question is: Where do new members post the most to get their first 10 posts? This is the reason why I haven't posted on this site before. I get so confused with the combination of the coloration and format of this site and then everywhere I click to try and post on one of the public forums, it seems like people haven't posted there in years. What am I overlooking? :scratch

Don't worry about posting on old threads. Lots of us have been here for a long time and we remember the old threads.

Welcome!

Aerynne 12-31-2017 11:41 AM

A lot of the forums' threads don't show up in the list of threads that are in that topic. They are there if you search for them by very specific topic but they don't show up if you just open that forum.

Also many of us see threads by clicking on "new posts" which shows us all the new posts in any forum. So I don't have to check "Let's Talk" specifically- any new thread in "Let's talk" will show up if I click on "new posts". So if you start a new thread in whatever forum you want at least some people will see it anyway even if they don't check that forum. :hug

So please just jump in anywhere you like!

squiddles 01-01-2018 12:25 PM

Yep! I always click on "new posts" so this thread popped up right away when you commented! So post anywhere you'd like! It's bound to be seen :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaySunflowers 01-02-2018 05:54 AM

Best way to start getting a post count is to start a topic that interests you and say you're new. Then you'll get lots of replies and things to respond to and you'll have your count going up in no time.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk