Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   June Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=525487)

charla 06-05-2018 08:21 AM

June Dinners

What are you having for your main meal? Please share it here. Recipes, links, and pics are welcome, too.

Tonight I'm planning on making a new recipe that I think was posted in the May thread: Honey Citrus Grilled Chicken with Basil Butter, a huge pile of zucchini noodles, kale Caesar salad, and cantaloupe and honeydew melon.

Earthmummy07 06-05-2018 08:53 AM

Re: June Dinners

Subbing. I started slimming world a couple of weeks ago so trying lots of new recipes.

Yesterday I made minestrone soup with cauliflower garlic flat breads. The flat breads were really nice but made a big mess in my kitchen (grating a whole her of cauliflower) :giggle

Tonight is supposed to be mexican lentil bake with crispy potatoes

knitlove 06-05-2018 09:56 AM

Tonight is chicken curry salid for the girls and dh assuming dh doesn't get stuck at work and I get Togo paint.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Singingmom 06-05-2018 08:11 PM

My 19 yr old asked me to teach him to cook a few of his favorite meals, starting with stir fry. :sillygrin So tonight we pan fried tofu (he's my vegetarian) to add to broccoli, purple and orange carrots, yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, and fresh ginger and garlic. We made a good sauce to put over it and served it with rice. That was a lot of components, but he was undaunted. We talked about good short cuts like pre-cut veggies that make cooking faster and still so much healthier and cost effective than eating out.

I felt like my boys grew up and out of the kitchen so fast, before I had reached my goals of teaching them to cook. But as young adults they know what they like to eat and want help with those specific dishes. Like so many other things, when they're motivated to learn they learn quickly.

That was long-winded. :shifty I guess I was thinking a lot about cooking with kids today. :)

ViolaMum 06-05-2018 08:29 PM

That's great, Kelly! It's wonderful he wanted to learn. :jump Favorite meals is a good place to start.

It was Taco Tuesday here. I had to leave early for a co-op meeting and just put everything out as a bar; I suspect Littlest ate only chips and sour cream, but I have hope that the rest of them at least had a few bites of veggies. :giggle

Earthmummy07 06-06-2018 03:42 PM

Tonight we had meatza (pizza with a base made from homemade sausage meat), homemade oven fries and salad.

ViolaMum 06-06-2018 05:43 PM

Crock pot night - cilantro and lime chicken legs plus cauliflower and onion-garlic green beans.

charla 06-06-2018 05:44 PM

Crockpot roast beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and gf gravy.

GlacierLily 06-06-2018 06:38 PM

Deli pizza for the kids and rotisserie chicken for me :shifty

Only a few hours sleep last night and errands had to be ran so....lazy lazy meal!

Singingmom 06-06-2018 06:39 PM

Individual pizzas, salad, and strawberries.

mummy2boys 06-06-2018 09:34 PM

Having had a big few weeks with work (and no end in sight yet!) its whatever I can find and have the energy to cook. Tonight its stir fry chicken and vegetables with rice.

I really need to do some bulk cooking and freezing...do we have a thread about that?

charla 06-06-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mummy2boys (Post 6144437)
Having had a big few weeks with work (and no end in sight yet!) its whatever I can find and have the energy to cook. Tonight its stir fry chicken and vegetables with rice.

I really need to do some bulk cooking and freezing...do we have a thread about that?

I'm not readily seeing one and with the search function not working, I can't search for one. I'd love to see a new thread on bulk cooking/freezer meals.

Virginia 06-07-2018 08:38 AM

I have tried freezer meals and I’m not good at them... so I would also benefit from such a thread!

Last night DH made steak and mashed sweet potatoes. Today I’m home with a sick baby, so he’s picking up something on the way home from work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charla 06-07-2018 10:30 AM

Mediterranean pasta, strawberry spinach salad

knitlove 06-07-2018 02:56 PM

Tonight is oven roasted chicken breast and veggies: sweet potato, normal potatoes, green beans, and broccoli.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk