Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   If you use Cloth Wipes..... (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=420116)

sassafrassmom 08-15-2011 06:11 PM

Re: If you use Cloth Wipes.....

warm water

Gingermommy 08-19-2011 08:39 PM

We used to carry small squeeze bottle I got in the travel section of target. I would fill it with fresh water every morning and wet my wipes with it at every change. Currently if we are out we use disposable wipes but I wash them with my wipes and then store them under the kitchen sink for dirty house cleaning jobs. I no longer buy paper towels because we just use cloth towels for most things and the cleaned wipes for things I want to throw away. At home I just take my daughter to the tub and wash her off. Lately this works best because otherwise she tries to get away.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

*with my cloth diapers. Sorry! Typing on a phone!

JenLovie 08-21-2011 05:03 AM

I use plain water, too. I use the peri bottle I got after DS was born to hold the water and then I wet the wipes as needed.

Kernigemom 08-21-2011 05:12 AM

Water with a drop of Grapefruit Seed Extract. No more mildew and also helped clear up any redness.
We used a wipes warmer and I'd dip the wipes in it, but I've also heard of many moms using a pump thermos and rewarming it once or twice a day. I think I'm going to try that next time.

Stacy 08-21-2011 07:57 AM

We just use water, too. Wet as needed. Super extra grody kids get hosed down in the shower, but that doesn't happen very often any more. :lol

GraceAlone 08-21-2011 02:21 PM

Another plain water user. I keep a small squeezy bottle topped up and wet the wipes as needed.

PinkPearlGirl 08-28-2011 03:10 PM

We use water on the go, but we use a wipe warmer and use honey bun drops. We love it and it's great for chapped or dry skin.

mommy9994 08-29-2011 12:03 PM

I just use a washcloth and water IF I use anything. Most of the time, if baby poos, she gets a bath-- if she doesn't need a full bath, I give her a "bootie bath" in the sink.

ncsweetpea 08-29-2011 12:32 PM

I'm impressed...I totally toss disposable wipes into the diaper pail and pick them out of the dryer. :bag I have beautiful, lovely fabric sitting in the closet to be made into wipes...but, sigh...

BeckaBlue 08-29-2011 01:00 PM

you can reuse the (washed) sposie wipes as long as they're not broken down. some brands hold out better than other. I did that for awhile till i got cloth wipes

TTO/lavender can also be an irritant to certain babes, especially if they've got a rash. Ive not had a problem, but have heard of others whose babies have

I also just use plain water. Ive always just ran to the sink to wet at change time, but it is a slight hassle. I'd like to have a container with an easy lid that i could wet the cloth and ring out into, i think id be happy with that. I dont like using a bottle of water, since i dont like dripping wipes. I do keep one in the bag though thats used for when we're somewhere without water to use.

2sunshines 08-30-2011 09:16 AM

just water here too. :yes

jklmommy 08-30-2011 12:52 PM

I use just water in a wipes warmer and wet the wipes as needed.

Jen

allisonlindberg 08-30-2011 12:52 PM

water at home, California Baby spray when out (spray bottom and wipe with a dry wipe)

MaybeGracie 08-30-2011 09:30 PM

I used to do a mix of baby soap, witch hazel, and water. It had a nice smell and cleaned well.

Now I just use plain water. I wet the cloths when I need them. Much easier and still cleans well. :)

Yes, as Kammy said, the concern with TTO and lavender is their alleged estrogenic effects. The study in question has been widely debated, so who knows. I use them very sparingly on my own boys.

milkmommy 08-30-2011 09:47 PM

Ia own about 30 OBV/flannel wipes which I LOVE for my wipe solution I use LuSa Baby Wipe Juice

Quote:

Ingredients: Witch hazel distillate, *olive oil, *avocado oil, *aloe vera juice, *calendula flowers, *lavender flowers, polysorbate-20 (an olive oil and sugar based emulsifier), *chamomile flowers, essential oil blend (lavender, patchouli, peru balsam, and chamomile), tocopherol (vitamin e); grapefruit seed extract, citric acid, and silver citrate (natural preservatives).

*certified organic ingredient

I fold about 15 wipes in half then I fill my bathroom sink with water and pour a capfull of the above solution into the water then just take the stack of folded wipes and dunk into the solution then wring the whole thing so its not totally drippy. I keep the wipes in a Munchkins wipe warmer another thing I LOVE its enough for a 2-4 day supply which is about as long as I go between washes.
I've had my bottle of solution going on 9 months now (at least) and I still have at least 3/4 of the bottle left.

Deanna

ETA I do of course have all girls so the TTOil/ Lavender thing doesn't concern me as much. I also tried doing plain water even just wetting as we went but we ALWAYS ended up with bad rashes.. HAve no idea why but the solution stopped all that.
http://www.lusaorganics.com/v/vspfil...s/clear1x1.gif