Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Treating Adrenal Fatigue while Nursing? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=353084)

rosesnsnails 04-01-2010 10:07 PM

Treating Adrenal Fatigue while Nursing?

Is there anything I can do? I am so exhausted every day. I only survive on coffee and I know that isn't good for adrenal fatigue. I am just guessing that is what is going on with me the last, oh, 5 or so years.

Mama Rophe 04-01-2010 10:10 PM

Re: Treating Adrenal Fatigue while Nursing?

My MW is treating me right now, while pregnant, so I would imagine you could while nursing. She uses "Standard Process" brand and has be on drenatrophin PMG(it is bovine adrenals) and trace minerals B-12. She said the drenatrophin helps to take the stress off my adrenals and the trace minerals helps to heal them.

rosesnsnails 04-02-2010 09:17 AM

I wonder if there is a resource that I could check to make sure it is okay while nursing. Even though J is 14 months, I am still her main source of food. I don't want to mess that up.

Mama Rophe 04-02-2010 09:23 AM

I'm not sure of one online. I could ask my mw about it though.

Marsha 04-02-2010 10:41 AM

Eggs. Eggs support the adrenals. Less caffeine, none if you can stand it. Fresh vegetables, very little fruit, very few carbs, no white or junk carbs, lean protein at every meal (tuna, chicken, EGGS) . Lots and lots of fresh vegetables, chick peas, tuna, a little cheese. I used to eat two-three eggs and a piece of whole grain toast for breakfast, an enormous salad with walnuts, chick peas, tuna, a handful of cheese and almost a whole bag of salad mix for lunch, handful of walnuts or some yogurt in the afternoon and an enormous salad with half a potato or small serving of pasta and a piece of some sort of meat....or another egg LOL.

It helps TREMENDOUSLY. I also drank sparkling water all day instead of tea and was down to two cups of coffee in the morning. Or a cup and a half, something like that.

emerald 04-05-2010 06:10 PM

One thing that helps your adrenals that doesn't involve supplements-avoiding watching tv/movies that are scary/adrenaline-pumping. Things that make you laugh are really good for your adrenals.
I'm on supplements also (for endrocrine and immune system issues...lots of old stress taking a toll), but I'm not nursing anymore, so I don't know if they're safe or not for nursing. (3 homeopathic supplements and liver life)