Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   Best 0-3 month dipes that are affordable? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=495616)

tnaallen 12-23-2013 11:57 AM

Best 0-3 month dipes that are affordable?

I've always come back around to fuzzi bunz perfect size for their fit and ease. I've never been a fan of prefolds in a cover, or one size bulky diapers. however, affordability is key this time, so FB's are out. I did get some Kawaii's cheap ($5 each new with inserts) through a friend, but they are bulky and I'll use them later.

Soooo..... I think I'm looking more towards fitteds with simple covers. Maybe bummis whisper snap (or something similar...I'm just not familiar with this type of thing).

What are your suggestions?

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Oh! What about the Green Mountain Workhorse?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I remember... I think why I liked pockets vs fitted is because I felt that the pockets had the inner lining that pulled away wetness, whereas with fitteds they are just wet up against the skin. Therefore making for more rashes. :think

itzj 12-23-2013 01:30 PM

Re: Best 0-3 month dipes that are affordable?

We did a combo of tiny prefolds and flats with covers until they could fit in out bumgenius. I tended to line them with some microfleece for overnight. I hate the wetness too. Then I use the prefolds and flats to stuff the pockets because I hate microfiber inserts.

HuggaBuggaMommy 12-23-2013 04:28 PM

LOOOOVE the GMD workhorses! My favorite bitty babe diaper.

Radosny Matka 12-23-2013 07:08 PM

I have a random mix of pocket dipes. My very favorites are sun baby diapers. They are very reasonably priced.

Rugayatu 12-24-2013 10:18 AM

We did prefolds and covers here, too, but I have heard nothing but raves about GMD workhorses. For itty bitties I always lay fleece in the diaper against their skin to help with the wetness issue. I just bought some scrap fleece on clearance and cut it in strips - worked great!

I used Bummi super whisper wrap and super bright last time, this time I also have some thirsties duo size 1s, prowraps and a couple other misc. that I was gifted. :heart Can't wait to try them on my newbie, hopefully in the next couple of days! Come on, baby! ;)

knitlove 12-24-2013 11:42 AM

I love my flats, they are trim and they fit forever. I had them on wiggle worm when she was under 5lb (And they werfe a bit bulky then but not by the time she was 7lb) and they fit early bird till she trained at 3.5 and 34lb

Elspeth 12-27-2013 10:37 AM

Kawaii's are excellent as overnight diapers. I use prefolds and covers, but I think for newborn-3ish months you need the smaller prefolds if you're going that method. I've heard excellent reviews about GMD. I bought my prefolds from CottonBabies.

I like the pocket diapers for the same reasons. :yes I tried a layer of fleece over the prefold before too, and I wonder if that trick might work better for smaller babies that don't pee as much? I tried it for DD a few months ago and it didn't wick anything, but she's a heavy wetter so... :shrug3