Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Joyous Homekeeping *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=429)
-   -   Want to join me? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=525706)

charla 07-09-2018 10:15 AM

Want to join me?

I can't stand my kitchen anymore so I'm going to work on some deep cleaning today. What project are you working on today? Maybe we could encourage and cheer one another on! :)

So far I've taken down all of the decorations that are glass (I have a decorative plate rail) and washed them and wiped and cleaned the glass on picture frames.

Next up, clean the rest of appliances and things sitting on the counter and then I'll start at the top and work my way down cleaning walls and cabinets and counter tops.

Virginia 07-09-2018 10:24 AM

Re: Want to join me?

Nice work!!

I am in the midst of decluttering DH's "office"; I have two boxes and a bag of stuff for the thrift store already :rockon

Then I'm going to deep clean said office-- the carpet eventually needs shampooed because the cat's litter box is in there :sick

charla 07-09-2018 11:02 AM

:woohoo Go, Christine! :cheer :rockon

RiverRock 07-09-2018 12:14 PM

I was just thinking that I need some encouragement to clean and organize. I'm feeling a veil of depression coming over me...nothing too heavy, but it's there. I think slow cleaning and organizing will be good for me. I'll come back to this thread after I've done something.

knitlove 07-09-2018 12:19 PM

I need to clear offrhe catch all counter in the kitchen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

charla 07-09-2018 12:22 PM

RR, I'm so sorry you feel depression coming on. I hope some cleaning and organizing will help. You can do it! :cheer :hug

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

You can do it, knitlove! :cheer :yes

CelticJourney 07-09-2018 12:28 PM

I finally gave in to the purging urge yesterday (my poor family :shifty) Feeling the need to lighten my surroundings. Cats loving the empty baskets.

charla 07-09-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticJourney (Post 6148204)
I finally gave in to the purging urge yesterday (my poor family :shifty) Feeling the need to lighten my surroundings. Cats loving the empty baskets.

:tu :highfive :rockon Way to go, CJ. It sure helps one to feel like they can breathe better, doesn't it?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I have the plate rack, upper cabinets fronts, backsplash, most countertops, ceiling fan, the outside of the fridge, and the outside of the stove/oven finished and things put back on countertop and plate rack. I've put in my donate pile quite a few cookbooks and a spice rack so far. I have the oven going on self-clean. Now I need to finish up the two other counters, clean the microwave, lower cabinet fronts, outside of dishwasher, the sink and the floor. I would love to go through the inside of the cabinets and drawers and declutter and clean, but that might need to be another day. And I would like to clean the inside of my fridge/freezer. We'll see. I have to take lots and lots of breaks.

RiverRock 07-09-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6148218)
I have to take lots and lots of breaks.

:yes Me too.

I started with the Rec. Room and spare bedroom (both above our garage) and my intent is to move across the house over the next few days/weeks. ;) I'm progressing. I wiped down all the trim, dusted, vacuumed, washed blinds and windows. I have floor washing, light bulb changing, and screen washing to go before I move on to the next room/area.

Soliloquy 07-09-2018 03:05 PM

I did some weeding and transplanted a perennial that I wanted in a different spot. I'm tackling laundry today. Going to get several loads done and FOLDED AND PUT AWAY today. There, I said it. :shifty Now to do it.

charla 07-09-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRock (Post 6148223)
:yes Me too.

I started with the Rec. Room and spare bedroom (both above our garage) and my intent is to move across the house over the next few days/weeks. ;) I'm progressing. I wiped down all the trim, dusted, vacuumed, washed blinds and windows. I have floor washing, light bulb changing, and screen washing to go before I move on to the next room/area.

You are doing amazing! :rockon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6148227)
I did some weeding and transplanted a perennial that I wanted in a different spot. I'm tackling laundry today. Going to get several loads done and FOLDED AND PUT AWAY today. There, I said it. :shifty Now to do it.

You've got this. You can do it!!!! :cheer

I think I just have the floor left for what I'm going to do today. Hopefully another day I can do the insides of cupboards, drawers, and fridge.

CelticJourney 07-09-2018 03:39 PM

Have any of you guys done one of those 'prepare for Christmas by taking one room per week and deep cleaning' deals? I'm feeling that in my future.

tempus vernum 07-09-2018 03:43 PM

:hiding I really need to get our homeschool stuff under control and purge all stuff too young or my kids :think My goal is to start getting serious about that.

We purged the rest of our house this winter and I ignored the homeschooling things. :shifty

I also need to
*tidy storage containers in kitchen
*tidy bathroom cupboards

:think

Now to choose a starting spot.

RiverRock 07-09-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticJourney (Post 6148231)
Have any of you guys done one of those 'prepare for Christmas by taking one room per week and deep cleaning' deals? I'm feeling that in my future.

Not exactly, but I'm trying to deep clean and fully organize the rooms I am in before I move on. I often struggle with getting the last 10% done, so the little things add up. Things like decluttering and cleaning light fixtures often get pushed to another day...in perpetuity. :O

charla 07-09-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

I have never heard of that. But it does sound like a great idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonshineMama (Post 6148232)
:hiding I really need to get our homeschool stuff under control and purge all stuff too young or my kids :think My goal is to start getting serious about that.

We purged the rest of our house this winter and I ignored the homeschooling things. :shifty

I also need to
*tidy storage containers in kitchen
*tidy bathroom cupboards

:think

Now to choose a starting spot.

You've got this! :cheer

Dd got the homeschooling stuff out today for her for next year, so I think that is next on my list to accomplish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRock (Post 6148233)
Not exactly, but I'm trying to deep clean and fully organize the rooms I am in before I move on. I often struggle with getting the last 10% done, so the little things add up. Things like decluttering and cleaning light fixtures often get pushed to another day...in perpetuity. :O

I, too, have trouble finishing the last little part. I think I just get too tired, and then life moves on before I get back to it.

I'm hugely happy with my kitchen. :D It desperately needs paint so it still doesn't look very clean, but at least I know it is.