Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   March Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526710)

charla 03-01-2019 10:01 AM

March Dinners

It's still decidedly winter where I am, but I do hold out hope for spring and all the yummy food it brings. What are you making for your main meal during this transition between seasons? Please share a recipe link or pic if you'd like.

Tonight we are having crockpot ranch pork chops, gf spaghetti, cauliflower, mixed greens with a simple oil and vinegar vinaigrette.

heartofjoy 03-01-2019 01:02 PM

Re: March Dinners

I've been slacking lately. Tonight I might make chili since it's cold. I need groceries, but I think I have everything for chili.

Your tater tot pizza sounds good!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Beth1231 03-01-2019 02:26 PM

Instant pot. Dip thin chicken breasts in flour. Sauté em in oil/butter. Add chopped up sweet peppers,onion,minced garlic and salt. Also,chicken broth. Let the pressure cooker do it’s thing for 20 min.
Serve over rice.

Singingmom 03-01-2019 06:53 PM

Charla, the tater tot taco casserole from last month's thread looks really fun. :)

Last night was burgers, fries, and roasted veggies. Tonight was veggie and sausage stir fry with gluten free spaghetti tossed in.

knitlove 03-01-2019 06:58 PM

After more than a week of traveling I am going to be so so excited to be able to cook dinner again. Hopefully wendsday night!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MaybeGracie 03-01-2019 07:35 PM

Tonight is steak and baked potatoes with broccoli cheese sauce.

charla 03-01-2019 08:47 PM

I have to say I absolutely loved the tater tot taco pizza from last month's thread so very much. I get so very hungry for taco pizza but can't find a good gluten free version. This definitely helped my craving immensely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitlove (Post 6172903)
After more than a week of traveling I am going to be so so excited to be able to cook dinner again. Hopefully wendsday night!

So very happy for you. :rockon

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaybeGracie (Post 6172904)
Tonight is steak and baked potatoes with broccoli cheese sauce.

Oooh, broccoli cheese sauce. How do you make it?

Lady Grey 03-01-2019 10:40 PM

We had chicken quesadillas made out of leftovers. I included some chopped up spinach and no one said a word. :rockon

I really love Penzey's Adobo season lately for tex-mex type dishes.

MaybeGracie 03-01-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6172914)
Oooh, broccoli cheese sauce. How do you make it?

Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a small saucepan. Stir in 2 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Add 1 cup milk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Stir until smooth.

Meanwhile, steam a head of broccoli. Chop into small pieces and stir into cheese sauce. Serve over baked potatoes.

charla 03-04-2019 09:20 PM

Over the weekend, we had chicken and rice soup and tonight was Mediterranean Pasta and Greek salad which we seem to have quite often. Tomorrow night I'm planning tacos, rice, refried beans, and salad with homemade ranch.

MaybeGracie 03-04-2019 09:39 PM

We had chicken and rice soup over the weekend as well, with rosemary olive oil bread.

Last night was stromboli. This was surprisingly easy, quick, and fun to make. Delicious as well.

Tonight was chili with taco chips.

Tomorrow is chicken fajitas. I'm excited because my avocados should be perfect tomorrow and how often does that line up?? I like avocados with my chicken fajitas.

The Tickle Momster 03-04-2019 10:08 PM

My sweet girl was home alone yesterday and made tortilla soup for us to come home to. It was such a blessing after a very cold, outdoor soccer game.

Tonight was chicken strips.

I really need to make a meal plan for this season. Baseball & soccer on top of normal stuff.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

knitlove 03-05-2019 07:13 AM

I think Dh is going to have to pickup dinner tonight. I don't think I will have found all my kitchen things yet. But I am hoping to get to the groshry stores so that I have some options

twoplustwo 03-05-2019 07:32 AM

This week dh is traveling so I am keeping it VERY simple.

Last night we did a mexican pizza with chicken for ds and I and veg for dd and steamed spinach on the side. Ds is becoming quite the cook and made them.
I don't have a meal plan but have lots of easy to make foods - tortillas, beans, rice, cooked chicken left, a variety of vegetables and fruit and those bags of salad (usually don't use those due to expense, but again no dh and the whole dog thing for those of you that have seen that thread so doing anythign easy), I have pasta and sauces. I have bread and cheese and let ds pick out a packet of lunch meat. So plenty of healthy options I or they can make even if I am not officially cooking anything and will get back on it next week (did great last week but didn't post about it because I dont always see this thread).

heartofjoy 03-05-2019 04:24 PM

Making loaded chicken and potatoes - has a spicy sauce and coverred in cheese and bacon