Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=139925)

lmd0137 10-18-2010 08:32 AM

Re: EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

This may have been explained somewhere but I didn't see it, what exactly is EC??

Enola 10-19-2010 12:40 PM

I've been looking into EC and read that article but am very confused :shrug3
I don't know if it is for us...I have literally NO idea how to tell when he pees but it is VERY obvious when he poops. He's not mobile yet (7 months old), so do I hold him over the potty?
I can't say I'm really up for letting him go about naked...I have enough cleaning to do as it is! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! x

solatido 10-22-2010 05:19 AM

I just bought a potty for my 15-month-old. Am I nuts to be starting now? He seems to be hitting disequlibrium right on schedule. And it's getting colder so I'm not so sure about letting him run around bare-bummed. I am considering using some snap-fitteds (not hip/waist, just a row in front) as trainers b/c they can pull down ok when snapped. I should probably make him some leggings so his legs don't get too cold. :think

Helen_D 11-10-2010 11:44 AM

Not sure if this is EC or early potty training. But put my daughter in pull-ups instead of nappies and have caught 2 wees on the potty this afternoon. She more interested than my just turned 4 year old!!! He's not bothered about being wet or dirty and not bothered about going to the potty or toilet. It's a start for my daughter anyway. Also currently experimenting with cloth nappies. A friend gave me 6 that velcro fasten and I've just bought one with poppers. So we'll see how it goes, I might buy more.

arwen_tiw 11-10-2010 12:32 PM

If you want to borrow a couple we have spares. :)

With Jenna we started sitting her on the potty at 15mo because we could sometimes tell she needed to go, and she did, and before long she was asking to go verbally. So it could totally be the start for Esther, she's a very aware little girl and I'm sure she'll catch on - and it's GREAT that you're spotting her signals so well on first try. :)

Helen_D 11-10-2010 02:26 PM

Yes please to the spares, especially if they're a different sort to the ones I've got, I'd like to try different ones out.

Gingermommy 07-21-2011 06:43 PM

9Months and no longer interested.

We started ec with Ruth when she was 2weeks old. Caught 60% + most days. She started crawling at 6 months and is now 9 months and hasn't been interested in ec since she started crawling. We can usually catch the first of the day and if we are lucky maybe a couple in the morning but she usually just throughs herself back and cries until we put her back on the floor. Any suggestions? Thank you! And sorry if I posted this wrong. I'm still trying to figure things out. -Bethany

Hopetobe 05-17-2012 08:21 AM

Not sure if anyone still reads this or not...the link on the first page doesn't work anymore. The site has been redone and I didn't find that article :(

NurseKristie 12-31-2013 09:56 PM

I just want to brag that my 19 month old is asking for the potty EVERY time he has to poop. Such a blessing to have learned about this ECing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk