Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Anyone just want to chat? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=526248)

Vicki_T 10-28-2018 02:05 PM

Anyone just want to chat?

About what you've been doing recently... Or anything, really. I just fancy a bit of light-hearted chat :giggle

I've had a bit of a stressful week with a work-related assessment the other day and visitors this weekend. I'm a total introvert so even though they were perfectly nice it's felt like a very busy and non-relaxing time. But now it's Sunday evening, I'm watching tv with a cup of tea, I've just had a homemade pumpkin spiced muffin and I can relax for - well, about an hour, until I go to bed, but it's better than nothing!

Hermana Linda 10-28-2018 03:18 PM

Re: Anyone just want to chat?

Oh no, I missed this and your hour is over.

I just had lunch, we got home late from church, because we had lunch at church. But my husband is allergic to everything, so we had another lunch when we got home.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Laurlor 10-28-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicki_T (Post 6160593)
I'm watching tv with a cup of tea, I've just had a homemade pumpkin spiced muffin and I can relax for - well, about an hour, until I go to bed, but it's better than nothing!

That sounds like my heaven! Hope you had a relaxing evening!

Vicki_T 10-28-2018 03:28 PM

Thank you! I'm still up, but only just (I should have gone to bed half an hour ago but I was comfortable and didn't want to move! So it was a relaxing evening, Laurlor :) ) Linda, we had lunch at church as well today which made things simpler for me. Thank you both for replying. Goodnight!

2sunshines 10-28-2018 04:40 PM

Oh! I've been there so many times! Plans to go to bed and then I get too comfrotable to actually move from my current position. :lol

I'm watching tv with my two youngest tonight. The two high schoolers are at youth group.

heartofjoy 10-28-2018 05:48 PM

Sorry I missed you!

I just got home from our end of season volleyball party. My daughter's team won every single game but one. Out of like 30 games. And the team that beat them, dd's team beat them 2 other times.

My older dd and I are traveling out of state to the national homeschool volleyball tournament next week. So her season still has a bit more to go.

Anyone live in Omaha and want to come watch volleyball?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

charla 10-28-2018 06:57 PM

We just got home from our annual Fall area church get-together and the evening always end with a hayride which is so much fun! It was a gorgeous evening and I saw my first shooting star ever!! We had dinner there but we are so hungry so I put a pot of rice on the stove. Rice on Sunday evenings after church has become a tradition in our house - you can top it with whatever you can find! :)

Hope you sleep well, Vicki T.

marbles 10-28-2018 07:00 PM

10 pm here and I just finally got all the kids asleep and now I can eat! I have chili on the stove and I'm so excited to eat it

Vicki_T 10-29-2018 12:52 AM

Thank you for chatting with me! I appreciate it even if I was asleep for some of the replies :) I did sleep well, thank you - our clocks changed on Saturday night so my body clock is still adjusting and we were all up early this morning! (With the exception of dd1, who is never up early... I should go and wake her now). It's a beautiful bright and frosty morning here and I think it's going to be cold!

2sunshines 10-29-2018 03:00 AM

Good morning! Glad you slept well! Your clocks changed? I should look when ours do. :think It should be soon....

The house is still quiet here... I love my quiet mornings before the house wakes up. :heart

Vicki_T 10-29-2018 03:35 AM

Thank you! Yes, our clocks changed on Saturday night. I think it's always the last weekend in October for us, but I must admit that I usually rely on people posting on Facebook!

The Tickle Momster 10-29-2018 11:38 AM

The US changes clocks this coming weekend. It switched a few years ago.

We drove home from a family gathering on Sunday. On the way back we stopped for 2 soccer games. We left Portland at 7:30 am and arrived home at 5:30 pm. Loooong day.

Vicki_T 10-29-2018 12:35 PM

That does sound like a long day!

charla 10-29-2018 01:27 PM

Glad you slept well. :hug

Elibellamiah 10-29-2018 07:37 PM

nevermind