View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
Herbwifemama
Deactivated

dd running through the sprinkler last summer

Herbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant future
Default Re: s/o parenting self-talk

I'm in. I tend to berate myself when I'm upset (maybe that's what my parents did... I know I saw my dad get mad at dd for losing her temper last time we were there. ) I think GBDing myself would work a lot better, and then whatever I play in my head is a lot more likely to come out of my mouth when I'm parenting dd.

I used to get upset at her for accidents- spilling things- because I do that to myself. I've learned to be a lot gentler with us both. No point in blaming an accident on her. It's just an accident.
Herbwifemama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbwifemama For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (01-20-2010), jmom1984 (07-20-2011), Maggirayne (01-17-2010), mokamoto (01-28-2010), Vicki_T (02-02-2010)