View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #9
Soliloquy
Administrator

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Instant Pot for Newbies

I did the water test!!

For hard boiled eggs, I add 1 cup water, the little rack, and about 18 eggs. Manual for 6 minutes, quick release, then an ice bath. Perfect!

Pot roast is pretty awesome in the IP. 1 Tbsp oil. Saute "adjust more." Wait until the display reads "Hot." Put the roast in to sear it, 5-10 minutes per side. Then add 1 c broth, 1 Tbsp tamari, 1 Tbsp fish sauce, and whatever other seasonings you like. Manual pressure for 45 mintues for a 3 lb roast.

Jasmine rice: Rinse the rice well. Put in equal amount water and rice. Manual pressure for 8 minutes. Quick release. (If you don't rinse the rice you'll need more water.)

For quinoa, rinse it well, and cook for only ONE MINUTE.
My Instagram
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-22-2017), bananacake (01-23-2017)