Thread: Bentonite Clay
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #356
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Our new favorite smoothie is my mock milkshake.
- Rice/almond/or cultured coconut milk (whatever i have from the most recent sale)
- ice
-cocoa powder
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- clay
- de(optional, if you have a bed wetter, do it! yes there is a way to cure that too)
- and a banana or a sprinkle of sugar cane just to sweeten enough. in a pinch i sweetened it with a pack of abuelitas cocoa mix and that was the bomb but i wouldnt drink that mix everyday
Throw it all in the blender (or add the clay to the glass and stir).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMama View Post
After reading this thread, I ordered some clay from Earth's Living Clay. DH and I started taking it last week. I feel like it is helping with sugar cravings.

Me, Carol says thank you for my order.

E has some long lingering cradle cap that I'm going to start spraying some clay water on. Carol is hopeful; she is so nice and helpful! I'll update ya'll with the success.
yay! maybe you had some yeast that was giving you the shugies,lol
Carol is super nice. I like how welcoming she is, she's the only person Ive ever bought something from that i dont mind calling to ask things. Im as bad about that as my husband is about directions. shhhhh, i didnt just say that
You could also mix some clay into olive oil and let it sit on the scalp. I say mix with olive oil cause it will slide off really easy but if depending on how your washing the hair already you could just put a little hydrated clay on the spot as you fill the tub, finish the bathing, then rinse it off at the end. That alone should get it all off. if it keeps returning, which im guessing it will since she recommended spraying clay water on it, i would think its maybe the soap you are using or digestion. I know it sounds crazy but for us, craddle cap is always resolved with those two things. Seems like the only shampoo (and i have tried them ALLLLLL, lol) that doesnt cause build up over time on my kids scalps is California Baby. Its crazy pricey, but i havent found anything to work better. Not even baking soda, not even vinegar. And clay as a shampoo everyday leaves the hair sort of stripped so then im forced to use a conditioner anyway. Which brings me back to only being able to use the california baby. But we dont use shampoo but maybe once or twice a month if needed(or we clean our hair with clay), all the other times we just wash with conditioner. So its pricey but we dont go through it very fast.
OH! buy a salon quality boar bristle brush with plastic bristles mixed in. That is also really good for the scalp and will also help keep the craddle cap stuff away. Im a grown up and I still get that craddle cap stuff on and off. Dont buy the cheapy boar brushes from walmart or the drug stores. Last year I lost my good boar brush from Acca Cappa. So i bought one from walmart, it started falling apart, then i bought one from CVS, same thing, i just got one from Target that is better quality, i like it much better than the lesser priced ones but the paint is already wearing. I wish I could find the Acca ones here. It would have cost me the same for what ive spent in cheapy boar brushes.

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesti View Post
I am waiting for my first order too.

Hoping it helps w/healing my c/s incision that got infected and prevents me from getting thrush from the antibiotics I had to take.
No need to hope, it will....hee-hee..its not just me that has gotten rid yeast with it here. And where the antibiotics leave off the clay will pick up. I hope it arrives in time.
me is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05348 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,969KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo