View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me with my meal plan and categories!

Will your son with the food aversions eat potatoes if they are mashed? What about sweet potato? If it is the texture, would he eat roasted radishes? They taste similar to roasted potatoes if cooked in the oven with a little oil and seasoning.

If it isn't texture, what about a mashed cauliflower or riced cauliflower? If texture isn't a problem, I can get the mashed cauliflower that tastes similar to mashed potatoes.
I enjoy cauliflower, cubed sweet potatoes, radishes, carrots and or cubed
beets with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and rosemary, oregano roasted. They can be chopped and seasoned in a ziplock bag for future meals. I usually make enough for 2 gallon bags and take out as needed.

Would doing fish, chicken or beef(even ground) with fajita mix work? You would need to mix ahead a Mexican Seasoning without the tomato powder.

Do you do gravies at all? (I will sometimes just use Tapioca flour/starch as my thickener if I do not have GF Bisquick or my 3-2-1 flour mix on hand) I brown hamburgers in a frying pan, then place in a 9 x 13 dish you could slice onions and some garlic if you like those. Make a gravy in the frying pan you used with 2 -3 heaping Tablespoons of Tapioca stirred and dissolved into 3 cups of water that has seasoning or oregano, rosemary and salt and pepper. Pour over and bake the hamburgers covered at 350 for an hour.

If you would like a substitute faux tomato recipe, I have one. My husband has to avoid tomatoes.

Do you Chinese type foods? I know you avoid soy. My husband always loved a sweet tasting chicken dish. We enjoy browning chicken (I will use cubed breast, ground chicken or turkey, thighs or legs) seasoned with salt, pepper, Chinese 5 spice I put a bag of carrots coins, shreds or just baby carrots if in a hurry, and soften in a little oil. you could add a little green peas or pea pods, celery, green onions.......after they are not quite cooked, place the meat on top of the veggies, I add a bag of shredded cabbage season with a little salt and Chinese 5 spice......... I put about 1/4 cup Maple syrup over the top of all of the food in the frying pan. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes for boneless meat.. Serve over rice for those that enjoy rice........... It is different without the soy, but we adjust pretty quickly.

If you make gravy, you could do a quick meal with ground, or cubed meat (your choice) cooked in gravy, seasoned as you wish with salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary with onion and garlic and then serve it over cooked pasta. Side veggies of your choice.

Would the family eat your taco soup if you made it without the tomato? Put the same seasonings in that you normally use.

If you could bring yourself to make GF Biscuits, the gravy from the meat of your choice and a bag of mixed veggies baked in the oven with the biscuits on top of the gravy with all of the ingredients in a 9x13 dish makes a pretty good pot pie substitute.

If you haven't tried Mei Fun noodles, they are 100% rice and pretty cheap on the Ethnic Aisle or and Asian Grocery store......your son with the sensitivities might accept that form of noodles in the place of rice and it can be served in an Egg drop soup, or with ground meat rolled in cabbage leaves or lettuce leaves (you could add the veggies you wish to make the mixture)

If you have a Whole Foods or look online to order a Miso paste made from Chickpeas.........it is soy free and could be used with water to make a soy sauce substitute.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (09-05-2020)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05270 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,969KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start