View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do people live in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
The land
- open sky - where you can feel God's arms reaching out to you.
-oak trees - trees that reach down to the ground to help you climb up to there tops
- the hill contey in the spring where the ground is painted with amazing colors brine imagination

The people/ culter mix
Houston one of the most diverse citys in the contry.
What kind of food do you want? You can get it there. Do you want some usual Chinese or Indian spice? You can buy it there. Or would you rather have a German cuisine that is there as well.

Are you Interested in the arts? You name it and you can find it in Texas.

Are you interested in sustainable energy? Texas has more wind generated power than any other state ( the last time I checked). My uncle has only bouse wind electric for the past 25 years.

Are you interested in science or engendering, there is so much there.

Say you are driving on a two lane road and are coming up to a car going slower than you, do you have to work and hope to see to get around them, no because the filter and the roads are designed for them to drive on the shoulder so that you can pass.

And as for how you deal with the heat- it is called air conditioning and going out after dark to dance under the stars when it has cooled off. There is a reason that the tradition is to nap during the heat of the day ( though that was the mistake that Santa Anna made that created Texas)

Yesterday we were at 98 in Vermont and dont have ac, it made me home sick for Texas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I actually laughed today when he asked for the umpteenth time...we're in the middle of a heat wave. It's supposed to be in the 90's here today.
& I agree, that was beautiful. I will read that to him.

Hubs & I have wanted to go to Texas for a while so maybe after Disney next year we'll actually plan Texas...but hopefully not in the middle of summer

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
That was beautiful, knitlove!

We live here because we were born here, went to school here, married here, had babies here, etc. Texas is amazing. The people are really friendly. The cities are diverse and there is always something to do.

We don't really leave Texas because it's too far to drive out of it, but we have 5 large cities within 4 hours of us: San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and Corpus Christi (large, but not mega like the rest). All great vacation destinations. But not only that we have a ton of state parks and wildlife opportunities from bass fishing to deep sea fishing, water recreation, desert beauty, dinosaur tracks, pine forests, hill country, so many rivers, tubing, camping, horses, with multiple places to go and see for each of these things to fit any budget!

And some of us like it hot.
I pretty much told him people live there for the same reason we live here - they like it there. & because they've lived there most of their lives, jobs, etc. I'm not sure why he's so fixated on Texas, maybe because it's been in the news but he's not fixated on the Hurricanes but rather the heat. So that leads me to believe he gets it from the Weather Channel, which he watches every morning with his dad & turns on voluntarily whenever he wants to know how hot or cold it is outside.

The other irony is that I've had to put my foot down the last 2 weeks when he wanted to wear long sleeves & pants...I don't care about the pants because daddy only wears jeans but had to say if he wears long sleeves he'd had to stay inside for the air conditioning. He was complaining about the heat even then.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.06101 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,976KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo