View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More tools needed! (so I will stop yelling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
What would happen if you just let them not get ready in time, and not get to go to swimming?

then maybe they need to quit the team? Assuming you're willing to follow through with that, if they don't care enough to take responsibility?
If they aren't there in time then they miss check in and they don't swim. Plus I was officiating that meet (I officiate ALL the meets they swim because I find sitting in the stands boring AND if I hit a minimum # the swim club reimburses my yearly licensing fee) so I am obligated to be there for MY check in. I need to work the meet AND in this case, dh was striping soccer fields so they had to swim so I could judge - they couldn't just stay home with dh.

AND If they didnt swim, it looks bad bc they ask you to swim meets if you sign up for them (you pick & chose what meets u want to swim via sign up) because they obligated plus Id still pay meet fees.

(answering 2nd part of what I quoted now)

That is always the case. They always get to decide what sports to do - they complain about going, then they don't do that sport as soon as the season/whatever ends. This was the final meet of the short course, I think they were just ready for the upcoming break. Typically them not going isn't a problem with extra-curricular activities. They are very eager to go to practices, meets, & games 96.47% of the time.

Its more of a not listening then I yell problem, this was just today's example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl In Oyster View Post
What about starting earlier and having them take turns getting ready while the other is occupied with something else? Or making it a race? Don't know if they are too old for that though.
I did have them start earlier. It was about 45 minutes before we needed to leave. So we weren't really in a rush, but I asked them to get ready so when it was time to go they were ready. Ive already learned that lesson.

It's really about them not listening to me when I ask them to do something. And I get tired of it & end up yelling.

On the have them get ready separately. That might work. I could make one come do dishes/laundry/whatever with me & then have them flip. They will complain because they will want to play, but they could "earn" getting ready quickly at the same time by getting ready the first time I ask.

Making it a race is no good. They are 19 months apart and already compete with each other enough.

We have done the race against the clock in the past - so each kid has their own time with bedtime and they just need to beat their personal best. But there can still be some competition even with that plus in this case I would need a get ready for swim baseline time which I don't have.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.75543 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,969KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo