View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #20
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really Hearty Slow Cooker Soups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Tonight I just threw something together that we all loved. I didn't make it in the slow cooker but I'm sure I could. It was super easy because I started with store-bought soup (it was on sale) so it's more of a pantry meal than a slow cooker meal.

Pacific Organic Creamy Butternut Squash Soup, 4 cartons
4 large onions, chopped.
1 whole head of garlic, chopped or minced
olive oil
chicken breast, cooked and diced (optional, you could use any leftover protein)

I sauteed the onions and garlic in olive oil until tender, then added everything else. My kids each ate 2 bowls, even my picky toddler. And they requested this be added to our winter menu rotation.

I served it with homemade rye rolls (75% rye, 25% all-purpose flour). So good on a chilly winter night.
I make a similar soup, only I replace half of that butternut soup with chicken broth, and I add a can of chickpeas, some sliced carrots, and a cup of quinoa. Sometimes I add chunks of butternut squash as well. Very hearty and everyone loves it.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (12), Luke (10), Lily (7), Benjamin (5), and Clara (2) in the knowledge and love of God
Awaiting a new arrival mid-Spring 2020.

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (04-30-2019), Soliloquy (02-02-2019)