View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
Leslie_JJKs_mom
Rose Garden

loving my family since 1991

Leslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things I swore I wouldn't do.

Between this message board and another one I was on when all of my older kids were small, I used to swear I would never interfere in my son's relationship, ever.
I've seen all the post from mothers who had to deal with their mother in-laws disagreeing with everything they did and I swore I'd never do that.
My son moved out of the house in 2010 with his girlfriend and she was all right but it didn't last and it wasn't long before he was single. It actually ended really bad because she cheated on him and he moved in with my mom and he didn't date again for a long time.
He did finally meet a girl and they eventually moved in together but she kept making derogatory comments to me about my son.
She complained how he never wanted to go out with her and she always had to go by herself and he defended himself saying well you want to go out to bonfires and party all night but I have to get up at 3 in the morning and go to work. She'd say...well sucks to be you then because I don't have to be work till noon and only work 4 hours a day.
I raised my eyebrows but stayed out of it because it's not my life it's not my relationship and Jack is a big boy.
Halloween of a year later, we stopped by his house to trick-or-treat there and I walk in and say hi to him and she looks at me and says don't talk to him only stupid things come out of his mouth.
I totally backtracked on everything I said I would never do and pulled him aside and said why are you with her. She is horrible. just because you're my son and not a girl, doesn't mean I will stand here and allow this kind of abuse to happen.
He nodded and agreed that it was bad.
At a family dinner he came to we all kind of ganged up on him and had an intervention of sorts. He admitted she's always talking down to him and always talks bad about him to her friends even when he's right there. She comes home from work and she screams and she yells and it's always a grouch.
Long story short, yes he did leave her thankfully.
He was single again for years after that until he met a girl while he was in college.
It was rather adorable how he told me. He said that he had gone out with a girl a few times and I said oh that's good it's really good that you're dating again. They said yeah she has a baby and I told him that is so sweet and he said yeah she gets jealous when we hug and gets in the middle
I'm all...
Then, he said she's really into cars too. We sit around and talk about building cars together. I laughed and said oh my, son, you just met the one🤗
They just bought a house together, so I assume it's going well.
I've gone back to I am completely staying out of my son's relationship. As long as he is happy so am I.

Mommy to our valentine sweetheart, Jessica Lynn, and March Jellybean, Kaitlyn Elizabeth. My heart is overflowing with love for my precious girls.

Wife to my best friend

Homeschooling, sometimes co sleeping mommy to a teenager and sweet little one
Leslie_JJKs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Leslie_JJKs_mom For This Useful Post:
Beth1231 (10-09-2020), CelticJourney (10-09-2020), Close2MyHeart (10-12-2020), ECingMama (10-09-2020), Hermana Linda (10-09-2020), knitlove (10-09-2020), Llee (10-09-2020), Maedchen (10-09-2020), Pragmatist (10-09-2020), Quiteria (11-10-2020), SewingGreenMama (10-09-2020), Singingmom (10-10-2020), Soliloquy (10-09-2020), ValiantJoy07 (10-09-2020)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.10103 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,988KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below