View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
canadiyank
Deactivated
I support GCM!

canadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spin off-- how DO you discourage whining?

I've taught the difference between a "high" or "whining" voice and a "low" or "pleasant" tone of voice. I tell them to try again in a pleasant tone of voice. We've practiced them at neutral times (they think the "high/whining" voice is hilarious when we practice ) so I can pull in that skill during a situation.

I also do "asked and answered" and, if really frustrated, I walk away. Mostly scripting them to try again in a low tone of voice works. At first I had to say exactly what I wanted to hear, then just "try again with a low tone of voice," now I just say, "Try again."

canadiyank is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canadiyank For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (08-16-2013)