View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:12 AM   #22
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's something new going on in your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I hope your sabbatical is rejuvenating!

Don't you just LOVE having a place up sit outside? My huge porch has changed my life. It sounds dumb but it's so true!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

This sounds perfect! I hope it's a sweet week for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
My ds just started his first job and even though he technically still has one more year of high school, my actual homeschool teaching days are over since he will be doing dual credit for school in the fall.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I love sitting outside too. It's very grounding. I haven't been able to as much the last couple weeks because we've had so much rain which brought tons of mosquitoes. We went out to eat today at favorite burger place with outdoor seating and it was all nice. They must have sprayed for mosquitoes in that are because there weren't any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arelyn View Post
We're still waiting to be able to get back to our overseas home but at least we're not locked down in a tiny apartment during the hot hot HOT season (it was 114 there yesterday).`

My oldest starts his first university class on Tuesday. He's not quite 14 so he's just trying one over the summer before we decide what to do next fall.

My second is reading The Hobbit. Considering he was functionally illiterate 2 years ago this is huge!

And the little one is driving me kinda crazy. Thankfully we are in a spot with so much outside space for him to run and play and a bunch of people to make his little extrovert heart happy.

And the community pool opens soon!! Oh happy day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post
Not a lot new for me but I did buy 3 new shirts I really like. I am picky and it is hard to find stuff I like so I was happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I can so relate! Shopping is not fun, and when you are rewarded with things you actually like, it feels like winning!

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

How lovely!

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Anyone else feed the birds or birdwatch? I have like 6 species in my backyard right this moment. Lots of bickering over the feeders going on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingGreenMama View Post
We bought a homestead in another state two weeks ago. Moved in same day. Bought a tractor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by arelyn View Post
DS2 is just the sort of kid that once he decides he can do something he can. We went through Reading Reflex and now he's playing Nessy. He's still a struggling reader and The Hobbit is a stretch. He picked the book though and doesn't seem to care that it's taking him months to read (he started in March and just got to Beorn the shape shifter's house).
I adore this thread and Desiree you are like our hostess. I kept hitting multi quote to ask people more or answer and you already asked. Seriously awesome stuff happening in everyone’s lives.

I love birds!!! And squirrels. Dh made a squirrel picnic table and change the bird feeders around. It’s light and day different suburban vs city. We call our dog a country dog but we r totally not in the country. We have a lot of critters as we have trees surrounding our property and wild landscaping (by choice).

And yes, our house is like a consistent haven. I love love love our yard and deck. Due to our homes set up, it feels like an extension of our living space vs going outdoors. It’s in a corner so I can talk to people from 3 rooms of my house if they r on the deck and my windows are open . Yes it’s grounding. I go outside daily (I’m out right now). That’s a totally new dynamic for me ... I used to when kids were young but that waned. It’s a habit I’m intentionally pursuing for my own mental health.

I love all these fun things happening. I already am enjoying summer so so much!!!!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (06-10-2021), ECingMama (06-09-2021), rdsmommy (06-09-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05904 seconds
  • Memory Usage 7,002KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below