View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #29
SewingGreenMama
Rose Trellis

Deuteronomy 11:19

SewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's something new going on in your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post

I feel like this needs more details! [emoji38]

Do you drive the tractor?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Finally have a chance to sit down and expound.
Hubby and I have planned a homestead for over a decade. But debt and $$ situation has not allowed it. Well we paid off most things, my husband got a job at an amazing company and the Lord has just blessed us through this company.
We started looking for property in January. Our lease was to be up in Oct so that was our planned moving date. Where we lived has TONS of underground aquifers wonderful for wells but over ground water supply was less common and upped prices extravagantly. So we looked one state below us, it has much more above ground water, and much cheaper land prices. We looked in the North East Corner of the property so we could be close enough to easily visit my parents who lived only 45 min from our rental. We now live about 3 hours, but still a fairly easy distance. If I had to I could make it a day trip...a miserable day trip, but I've made it work several times during the buying process.
At the end of February we started looking in the new state and quickly found several properties that were gone by the time I found an agent to show them.
Then I found one and got an agent through realtor.com. He was such a gift from God. He talked me out of that property, he had just showed it twice and had very good reasons for talking us out of it. It was gorgeous though, I wish we could have gotten it. But a week later I sent a property to him and he was willing to show us that day, my husband was home so we made lunch with my parents like we had planned, and headed out. Met him at the property. It was smaller then we hoped but that house was so neat. He then pointed out another property that was more then 2x the sized and only 20k more.
We decided to go see it as it was only a 10 min drive. We get there and it was awesome. Talked to the owner, there was a creek at the back of the property that cut the last acre from the front 4, that was undisclosed on the advertisment!!!! The house and property were beautifully maintained and well loved.
we put an offer on the property 12hrs later. They buying process was long and anxiety ridden. We had a young, proud, inexperienced, unprofessional, and foolish appraiser who nearly doubled the time the buying process took.

But Three weeks ago today we packed up a Uhaul (the youth pastor decided to put his weight on an old and cheap shelving unit, it broke and he got a screw in his thigh , that was awful. He's ok, healing great, thankfully with no hard feelings) Drove down to a hotel near the property. Stayed the night, got up the next morning and went to the property for the final walk through, then was at the lawyers for the signing by 9am signed paperwork, drove home and started unpacking.
It has been such a wonderful experience.
We are focusing on the house right now. Getting unpacked and settled in so that we can focus on the property and getting it ready for a full growing season next year. I'm hoping to have a small fall garden, Chickens, Rabbits, and maybe Pigs before the end of the year.
I'm happy to answer any questions! I'm destracted today so I'm sure this wasn't as comprehensive as I think it was.

"If punishment were necessarily reformative, and able to cure us all of those 'sins we have a mind to,' why, the world would be a very good world;" -Charlotte Mason, Parents and Children pg. 172

W&C 8/4/06; G 15yo , M 11yo , S 8/29/13 , V 8yo , Baby 2yo
SewingGreenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SewingGreenMama For This Useful Post:
arelyn (06-11-2021), ECingMama (06-10-2021), FlyingBlueKiwi (06-10-2021), rdsmommy (06-10-2021), tempus vernum (06-10-2021), The Tickle Momster (06-10-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)

X vBulletin 3.8.3 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.46911 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,992KB
  • Queries Executed 14 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below